Chris Jenkins (film producer)
|Born||1960/1961 (age 54–55)
Ton Pentre, Rhondda Valley, United Kingdom
|Education||BA Degree in scientific illustration|
|Alma mater||Middlesex University|
|Occupation||Effects animator, film producer|
|Years active||1990 - present|
Christopher "Chris" Jenkins is a British effects animator and animation producer who is known for creating the 2007 feature, Surf's Up.
Jenkins was born and raised in Ton Pentre, Rhondda Valley in South Wales. He attended the Ton Pentre Junior School and later went to the Upper Rhondda Comprehensive School. He attended Middlesex University in England from 1982 to 1987, where he has a BA Degree in scientific illustration.
Jenkins started his career in 1987 as an effects animator on Who Framed Roger Rabbit. He spent most of his professional life at Walt Disney Pictures where he served as artistic coordinator on Atlantis: The Lost Empire. Before that, Jenkins was visual effects supervisor on The Hunchback of Notre Dame. He also was an effects animator on Hercules, The Lion King, Aladdin, Beauty and the Beast, The Little Mermaid, and Who Framed Roger Rabbit for Touchstone Pictures.
- Home (2015 - producer)
- Rio (2011 - creative animation producer, uncredited)
- Surf's Up (2007 - producer, story & screenplay)
- Open Season (2006 - special thanks)
- Atlantis: The Lost Empire (2001 - artistic coordinator)
- Hercules (1997 - visual effects animator)
- The Hunchback of Notre Dame (1996 - visual effects supervisor)
- Pocahontas (1995 - supervising effects animator/designer: pre-production)
- The Lion King (1994 - effects animator)
- Trail Mix-Up (1993 - special effects animator)
- Aladdin (1992 - effects animator)
- Beauty and the Beast (1991 - effects animator)
- The Prince and the Pauper (1990 - effects animator, layout artist)
- The Little Mermaid (1989 - effects animator)
- Who Framed Roger Rabbit (1988 - effects animator)
NB. Effects animator Christopher 'Johnny' Jenkins is a different person. He worked at the Richard Williams studio and featured in the 1966 documentary Richard Williams - The Creative Person.
- Williams, Kathryn (21 February 2008). "A wave of anticipation". Wales Online. Retrieved 20 December 2013.
- Greenwich, CT (19 March 2009). "2008 Academy Award Nominee to Speak at New Lebanon Elementary School in Greenwich CT.". PRWeb. Retrieved 20 December 2013.
- Hulett, Steve (7 April 2010). "Visiting the SPA". TAG Blog. Retrieved 14 June 2011.
- "Jim Parsons and Rihanna to Voice DreamWorks Animation's Happy Smekday!". DreamWorks Animation. ComingSoon.net. 20 June 2012. Retrieved 20 June 2012.
- "Q&A with Producer Chris Jenkins", Bill Desowitz, Surf's Up official site, 2007. Archive
- "Chris Jenkins, Ash Brannon, and Chris Buck Are Creating Waves in Their New Film Surf's Up", 6 June 2007, MovieWeb.com.
- "A wave of anticipation", 21 February 2008, by Kathryn Williams, Rhondda Leader.