|Also known as||Chris Josse,|
Acid Jazz, Lounge, Jazz Funk
|Occupation(s)||Musician, Producer, composer|
|Instruments||Bass, Drums, Guitar, Keyboards, Percussions, Sitar, Flute|
|Labels||ESL Music, Irma Records, Pulp Flavor|
Chris Joss is a French multi-instrumentalist, record producer, who has released 7 solo albums, with 5 of them by ESL Music. His music ranges from funk to electronica and tracks excerpted from his releases are featured in movie trailers such as Argo, Ocean's Thirteen, Role Models, Accepted, Hotel For Dogs, and the movie Inside Deep Throat, and the television show Six Feet Under,
His 1999 album The Man with a Suitcase was part of a trend in the late 1990s of "imaginary soundtracks", compositions created to accompany films that did not actually exist. In the soundtrack, he attempted to give homage to works of the 60s and 70s such as The Avengers and Mission Impossible with a mixture of jazz, pop, rock and funk.
- The Man With A Suitcase (1999 Pulp Flavor)
- Dr Rhythm (2002 Irma)
- You've Been Spiked (2004 ESL Music)
- Teraphonic Overdubs (2008 ESL Music)
- Sticks (2009 ESL Music)
- Monomaniacs volume 1 (2010 ESL Music)
- No Play No Work (2011 ESL Music)
- Bombay By Bus 12 inch (1999 Pulp Flavor)
- The Gnomes 12 inch (2002 Irma)
- Discotheque Dancing 12 inch (2005 ESL Music)
- A Part In That Show 12 inch (2006 ESL Music)
- Brilliantine a gogo 12 inch (2006 Boutique Chic)
- Superman 12 inch (2007 ESL Music)
- I Want Freedom 12 inch (2008 ESL Music)
- Toxic Smoke/Sequence of Spectators 7 inch (2012 ESL Music)
- Jody Watley - Borderline CD (2008 Curvve Recordings)
- Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest - He's A Pirate 2x12 inch & CD (2006 Walt Disney)
- Jody Watley - Looking For A New Love CD (2005 Curvve Recordings)
- Joe Bataan - Chick A Boom CD (2006 ESL Music)
- Woody Herman - Mambo Herd CD (2006 Sunswept)
- Thunderball - Thunder In The Jungle 12 inch (2007 ESL Music)
- Praful - Sigh CD (2007 Therapy Records)
- Bebo Valdes - Ita Morales CD (2008 Essential Media Group)
- AM & Shawn Lee - I Didn't Really Listen (ESL Music 2012)
- Yerba Buena - Sugar Daddy CD (2005 Razor and Tie)
- Monk - Ten Tips For Charles Berry's Hips" (1995 Station Records)
- Cazwell - I buy my socks on 14th Street 2 versions (2006 West End Records/2008 Peace Bisquit)
- Cazwell - The Sex That I Need (2006 West End Records/2008 Peace Bisquit)
- Los Amigos Invisibles - Corduroy (2009 Unreleased)
- Inside Deep Throat Original Soundtrack CD (2006 Koch Records)
- Stereoscope Jerk Explosion - La Panthere Pop (2008 Cosmic Groove) Sitar on 2 tracks
- Atfunk - Rewire Walks (2008 Extremely House Music) keyboard on 3 tracks
- Atfunk - Soundprism (2012 Plugtone records) keyboards on Restart and Tranquilito
- David Jeffreys. "Chris Joss biography on allmusic.com". allmusic.com. Retrieved 2 November 2013.
- "Chris Joss Discography on Allmusic.com". All Music. Retrieved 2 November 2013.
- "Chris Joss Interview". Gforce software.
- ""You've been spiked" in episode 51". HBO.
- Giesbert Damaschke. iLife '09. Markt+Technik. Retrieved 2 November 2013.
- Spencer, Kristopher (2008). Film and Television Scores, 1950-1979: A Critical Survey by Genre. McFarland. pp. 333–. ISBN 9780786452286. Retrieved 21 November 2013.
- Kristopher Spencer. "Chris Joss reference". Film and Television Scores, 1950-1979: A Critical Survey by Genre. McFarland & Company, inc.
- "You've Been Spiked review". Allmusic.com. Retrieved 2 November 2013.
- "Spiked review". CMJ new music report.
- "Teraphonic Overdubs review". Allmusic.com.
- "Sticks review". Vueweekly.com.
- "Monomaniacs Vol1 review". Allmusic.com. Retrieved 2 November 2013.
- "No Play No Work". Allmusic.com. Retrieved 2 November 2013.
- "Soundtrack details". Soundtrack Collector.
- "Joe Bataan review". Quickcrit.
- "Inside Deep Throat soundtrack Overview". All Music Guide.