||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification. (May 2010)|
Lowell at San Diego Comic Con International in 2013
October 17, 1984
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
Christopher "Chris" Lowell (born October 17, 1984) is an American television actor. He played the role of Stosh "Piz" Piznarski in the CW noir drama Veronica Mars and the character William "Dell" Parker in the ABC Grey's Anatomy spin-off Private Practice. He currently plays Derrick Hill in Fox's Enlisted.
Lowell was born in Atlanta, Georgia. He attended the Atlanta International School, where he became interested in theatre and filmmaking. He attended the University of Southern California, where he was discovered in his first year while playing beach volleyball. In his spare time, he enjoys amateur filmmaking, theatre, and traveling.
Discovered in 2003 after going through his first major audition, he landed a role on the ABC teen drama Life As We Know It. Of the show's trio of male characters, Lowell portrayed Jonathan Fields, the "least confident but most creative and grounded of the three". The series was cancelled after 13 episodes.
From 2007 until 2010, Lowell appeared in the ABC drama Private Practice, alongside Kate Walsh, Audra McDonald, and Tim Daly, playing Dell, the receptionist for the Oceanside Wellness Group who is also a qualified nurse, midwife-in-training, and young father to six-year-old daughter Betsy. Lowell exited Private Practice in the show's third season finale when Dell died from heart failure, a complication during brain surgery after a vehicle accident.
In 2011, Lowell played the role of Stuart Whitworth in the film The Help, an adaptation of Kathryn Stockett's 2009 novel of the same name. The following year, filming began on Lowell's directorial debut, Beside Still Waters. Set in Michigan’s Upper Peninsula, the film tells the story of a man redefining his outlook on life after the death of his parents.
Currently, Lowell plays Derrick on Fox's new comedy, Enlisted.
|2004–2005||Life As We Know It||Jonathan Fields||13 episodes|
|2006–2007||Veronica Mars||Stosh "Piz" Piznarski||20 episodes|
|2007||Grey's Anatomy||William 'Dell' Parker||Episode: "The Other Side of This Life: Part 1"
Episode: "The Other Side of This Life: Part 2"
|2007–2010||Private Practice||William 'Dell' Parker||54 episodes|
|2009||Up in the Air||Kevin|
|2011||Help, TheThe Help||Stuart Whitworth||Screen Actors Guild Award for Outstanding Performance by a Cast in a Motion Picture
Broadcast Film Critics Association Award for Best Cast
National Board of Review Award for Best Cast
Satellite Award for Best Cast – Motion Picture
Nominated – Central Ohio Film Critics Association for Best Ensemble
|2013||Love and Honor||Peter|
|Beside Still Waters||N/A||Director, producer, co-writer|
|2014||Veronica Mars||Stosh "Piz" Piznarski||Post-production|
|2014||Enlisted||Corporal Derrick Hill|
|2014||Brightest Star||The Boy|
- "Chris Lowell: Jonathan Fields On Life As We Know It".
- "Life As We Know It".
- Fanbolt Forums. "Life As Know It #2".
- Periyasamy, Winn (June 1, 2012). "Chris Lowell Making Feature Directorial Debut on ‘Beside Still Waters’". The Film Stage. Retrieved July 8, 2013.
- Herman, Jennifer (April 19, 2012). "A new film that takes place in Michigan will be shot in metro Detroit and Traverse City". E. W. Scripps Company. WXYZ-TV. Retrieved July 8, 2013.
- "Two Shots for Poe's Myspace".
- "Veronica Mars: Fighting Cancellation Yet again, March 16, 2007
- "Private Practice" Scoop: Chris Lowell Not Returning for Season 4, Zap2It.com, May 2, 2010
- Chris Lowell at the Internet Movie Database
- Chris Lowell cast bio on The CW
- Chris Lowell and his band Two Shots for Poe
- PopGurls Interview: Chris Lowell