||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification. (January 2012)|
Chris Medina performing in Sweden, 2011
|Birth name||Christopher Edward Medina|
November 30, 1983 |
Chicago, Illinois, U.S.
|Occupations||Singer-songwriter, guitarist, pianist|
|Instruments||Guitar, piano, drums|
Christopher Edward "Chris" Medina (born November 30, 1983) is an American singer born in Chicago, Illinois. Medina is most notable as a former Idol contestant during the tenth season of American Idol. He released a single called "What Are Words" on February 25, 2011, the day after his elimination. Chris Medina went on to perform on The Jay Leno Show. The single went to #1 in Norway and Sweden and spent 19 weeks at number 1 combined. 11 in Norway and 8 in Sweden.
He made it to the top 40 out of 327 contestants on season 10 of American Idol.The day he was eliminated J-lo one of the judges on A-Idol could not control how terrible she felt that she was the one who had to tell him he would not advance further, she wept uncontrollably on the show that night. The song is about his fiancée,Juliana Ramos Juliana Ramos, who suffered a brain injury as the result of a car accident on October 2, 2009, 2 months before they were to be married. She remained in a coma for 2 months. The song What Are Words debuted at #22 on the Heatseekers Songs chart, and then reached #83 on the Billboard Hot 100. It has since sold 105,000 copies. He performed the ballad on The Tonight Show with Jay Leno on February 28, 2011 and on Good Morning America on March 4, 2011. On Regis and Kelly March 14. On March 12, 2013 Chris Medina signed a major motion movie contract, that will be released in theaters across the nation. It is based on the true story of Chris Medina and Juliana Ramos. It will be called What Are Words? scheduled for released in 2014.
Medina grew up in the Chicago suburb of Oak Forest, Illinois, and graduated from Columbia College Chicago. He received a golden ticket to Hollywood and made it to the top 40 before getting eliminated by a very tearful Jennifer Lopez. His dismissal on season 10 of American Idol made headlines when Jennifer Lopez was brought to tears upon revealing his fate on the show. He has been on The Tonight Show with Jay Leno, Live with Regis and Kelly, Good Morning America, and On-Air with Ryan Seacrest. He has also been featured in People, US Weekly, and TV Guide.MTV Live, Sirrus Radio with Larry Flick.
In the summer of 2011, Medina was invited to perform in countries all over the world, including Norway, Sweden, Germany, and Singapore. In Singapore he performed for the "President's Star Charity", which is done to raise money for the physically and mentally challenged. He was able to help raise millions for this charity. Medina sang "What Are Words" at the funeral of 18-year old Monica Iselin Didriksen, one of the victims of the Norwegian terror attacks 7/22.2011. Didriksen loved that song, and her parents asked him to come and sing at her funeral.
On March 12, 2013, Medina signed a major motion picture contract with MCS41. The film, scheduled for release in fall 2014, will be based on the story of Chris Medina and Juliana Ramos.
|What Are Words||Album details||Peak chart positions|
|What Are Words||7||5|
|Letters to Juliet||
|Title||Year||Peak chart positions||Album||Certifications|
|"What Are Words"||2011||19||1||1||83||What Are Words|
Other charted songs
|Title||Year||Peak chart positions||Album|
|"One More Time"||2011||16||What Are Words|
- "Se kjærestens hjerteskjærende bursdagshilsen til Chris Medina - God Morgen Norge". Tv2.no. Retrieved 2012-09-03.
- "Weekly Chart Notes: Jennifer Lopez, Kelly Clarkson, Chris Medina – Chart Beat". Billboard. Retrieved March 10, 2011.
- "Idol Reject Releases Single, Vote On Facebook". Myfoxny.com. February 25, 2011. Retrieved March 10, 2011.
- "Jennifer Lopez, Chris Medina see big download gains – Idol Chatter". USA Today. January 3, 2011. Retrieved March 10, 2011.
- Chris Medina's Official Youtube Channel
- Askvik, Kristine (10 August 2011). "Her synger Chris Medina I Monica Iselins begravelse" (in Norwegian). NRK Hordaland. Retrieved 22 October 2011.
- Wasinski, Natasha (March 15, 2013). "Love story for ‘Idol’s’ Chris Medina, Juliana Ramos to make its way to the big screen". http://www.suntimes.com. Sun-Times Media, LLC. Retrieved August 31, 2013.
- "Norwegian Charts > Chris Medina". norwegiancharts.com/. Retrieved 30-12-2011.
- "Swedish Charts > Chris Medina". swedishcharts.com. Retrieved 02-12-2011.
- "Danish Charts > Chris Medina". danishcharts.com/. Retrieved 30-12-2011.