|Born||Christopher David Noth
November 13, 1954
Madison, Wisconsin, U.S.
|Other names||Christopher Noth|
|Spouse(s)||Tara Lynn Wilson (2012-present)|
|Children||Orion Christopher Noth (son, with Tara)|
Christopher David "Chris" Noth (pron.: //) (born November 13, 1954) is an American actor. He is known for long-running television roles as Det. Mike Logan on the police procedural and legal drama television series, Law & Order and Law & Order: Criminal Intent, and as Big on Sex and the City. For the latter role, he has been nominated for a Golden Globe Award. As of 2013, he is a star of the CBS drama series The Good Wife, for which he was also nominated for a Golden Globe.
Early life 
Noth was born in Madison, Wisconsin, the youngest of three sons of Jeanne L. Parr, a former CBS news reporter, and Charles James Noth, an attorney and insurance salesman. He has German and Irish ancestry. Noth's father died in 1966. During his childhood, Noth traveled with his mother and brothers throughout the United Kingdom, Spain and Yugoslavia.
Noth spent a part of his undergraduate years at Marlboro College in Vermont, where he built himself a log cabin. He earned an MFA from Yale School of Drama where he acted in some 25 plays and was a pupil of acting coach Sanford Meisner.
Noth played small parts in films, including Smithereens (1982) and Baby Boom (1987) before his first starring role in the low-budget 1988 film Peluru dan Wanita (Bullets & Women) in Indonesia. Noth joined the cast of Hill Street Blues in the sixth season in 1986, where he was billed as "Christopher Noth." He also appeared in Another World. He filmed a pilot for the legal/police drama series Law & Order in 1988. In 1990 NBC began airing the show, which slowly gained recognition from critics and fans. Noth was fired from the show in 1995. Personality differences between Noth and L&O creator/executive producer Dick Wolf settled down long enough to film a TV movie, Exiled: A Law & Order Movie (1998).
In 1998 Noth returned to prime-time television when he took the role of Carrie Bradshaw's enigmatic on-again, off-again boyfriend "Big" on HBO's Sex and the City. He played the role for six years, during which he also appeared in a small role as Helen Hunt's husband in the hit film Cast Away (2000), and starred in a Broadway revival of The Best Man. In 2001 he played an FBI agent on a three-episode arc of Crossing Jordan, re-uniting him with Law & Order co-star, Jill Hennessy. Noth returned to the role of Mike Logan on Law & Order: Criminal Intent in 2005, joining the show in its fifth season following a guest appearance on a fourth-season episode. On this spin-off of the original Law & Order, Noth's detective team alternated episodes with Vincent D'Onofrio and Kathryn Erbe's characters. On June 26, 2008, it was announced that Noth was leaving the series, and that Jeff Goldblum would be joining the cast.
Noth reprised the role of Big for the Sex and the City film, released on May 30, 2008. and its 2010 sequel. Noth stars with Julianna Margulies in the CBS series The Good Wife, which debuted on September 22, 2009. Also in 2009, Noth became the spokesperson for the North American market for the Biotherm line of male skin-care products.
Noth starred in the Broadway revival of the play That Championship Season, playing Phil Romano, a role originated by his one-time Law & Order co-star Paul Sorvino. Starting in 2013 he is appearing in a theater festival in Napa Valley, California, called Plaza Del Sol with other performers including Dennis Haysbert.
Personal life 
Noth is co-owner of The Cutting Room, a music venue in New York City that opened in late 1999, with Steve Walter, a former student at Berklee College of Music, . Noth met his wife, Tara Lynn Wilson, while she was working at The Cutting Room. He married Wilson on April 6, 2012, and their son, Orion Christopher Noth, was born in January 2008. He also owned the semi-private club, The Plumm, with Noel Ashman, David Wells, Damon Dash, Ann Dexter-Jones, Joey McIntyre, and Bo Dietl.
- Cutter's Way (1981) – Guard at estate gate (uncredited)
- Waitress! (1981) – Bit role
- Smithereens (1982) – Prostitute
- Another World (1984) TV Series – Jimmy (1985)/Dean Whitney (1988)
- Killer in the Mirror (1986) (TV) – Johnny Mathews
- Off Beat (1986) – Ely Wareham Jr.
- Apology (1986) (TV) – Roy Burnette
- At Mother's Request (1987) (TV) – Steve Klein
- I'll Take Manhattan (1987) (mini) TV Series
- Baby Boom (1987) – Yuppie Husband
- Peluru & wanita (1988) – Falco
- Monsters (1989) (TV) – The Devil (1 episode)
- Law & Order (1990) TV Series – Det. Mike Logan (1990–1995)
- Naked in New York (1993) – Jason Brett
- With Harmful Intent (1993) (TV) – Dr. Ferris
- Where Are My Children? (1994) (TV) – Cliff Vernon
- Burnzy's Last Call (1995) – Kevin
- Nothing Lasts Forever (1995) (mini) TV Series – Dr. Ken Mallory
- Abducted: A Father's Love (1996) (TV) – Larry Coster
- Born Free: A New Adventure (1996) (TV) – Dr. David Thompson
- Rough Riders (1997) (TV) – Craig Wadsworth
- The Deli (1997) – Sal
- Cold Around the Heart (1997) – T
- Medusa's Child (1997) (TV) – Tony DiStefano
- Sex And The City (1998) TV Series - Mr. Big (1998–2004; Regular Role, Seasons 1–6 - 41 episodes)
- The Broken Giant (1998) – Jack Frey
- Exiled: A Law & Order Movie (1998) (TV) – Det. Mike Logan
- Getting to Know You (1999) – Sonny
- The Confession (1999) – Camposo
- A Texas Funeral (1999) – Clinton
- Pigeonholed (1999) – Devon's Father
- The Acting Class (2000) – Martin Ballsac
- Cast Away (2000) – Jerry Lovett
- Double Whammy (2001) – Chick Dimitri
- The Judge (2001/I) (TV) – Paul Madriani
- The Glass House (2001/I) – Uncle Jack
- Searching for Paradise (2002) – Michael De Santis
- Julius Caesar (2002) (mini) – Gnaeus Pompeius Magnus
- This Is Your Country (2003) (TV) – Host
- Bad Apple (2004) (TV) – Mike Tozzi
- Mr 3000 (2004) – Schiembri
- Tooth Fairy (2004)
- Law & Order: Criminal Intent (2001) TV Series – Det. Mike Logan (2005–2008)
- The Perfect Man (2005) – Ben Cooper
- Sex and the City: The Movie (2008) - Big
- Frame of Mind (2008) – Steve Lynde
- My One and Only (2009) - Harlan
- The Good Wife (2009 – present) TV Series - Peter Florrick
- Sex and the City 2 (2010) - Big
- Justice League: Crisis on Two Earths (2010) - Lex Luthor
- Sure Fire Hit (2010) - Tony
- Titanic: Blood and Steel (2012)
- From Up on Poppy Hill - Akio Kazama (English Dub)(2012)
- Lovelace - Anthony Romano (2013)
- New York State Unified Court System: Attorney Detail Retrieved November 14, 2011
- filmreference.com: Chris Noth Biography (1954?-) Retrieved June 21, 2010
- "Charles James Noth". The New York Times. March 15, 1966.
- Starpulse.com Retrieved June 21, 2010
- Yahoo Movies Retrieved June 21, 2010
- TV Guide Retrieved June 21, 2010
- Stated in interview on Inside the Actors Studio
- Vancouver Sun Retrieved June 21, 2010
- "Jeff Goldblum Has 'Criminal Intent,'Chris Noth leaving 'Law & Order' series". Zap2it. Retrieved 2008-06-26.
- Yahoo news: "More 'Sex' puts Big on big screen" Retrieved June 21, 2010[dead link]
- Cosmetics mag Retrieved June 21, 2010
- Cutting Room web site Retrieved June 21, 2010
- boston.com traverl articles Retrieved June 21, 2010
- Sydney Morning Herald Retrieved June 21, 2010
- Lee, Linda (May 12, 2002). "GOOD COMPANY; There's a Party (and a Host) Somewhere Around Here". The New York Times. Retrieved April 29, 2010.
- Chris Noth & His Girlfriend Have a Boy people.com retrieved June 21, 2010
- Baltimore Sun Retrieved June 21, 2010
- "Chris Noth Is Married". People. April 11, 2012. Retrieved April 11, 2012.
- "Chris Noth". Cityfile. Archived from the original on June 22, 2011. Retrieved 2010-05-30.
- Chris Noth Biography - Yahoo! Movies Retrieved 2010-05-30
- Once Upon A Tea Cup Retrieved June 21, 2010
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to: Chris Noth|