Chris Palmer (footballer)
|Full name||Christopher Louis Palmer|
|Date of birth||16 October 1983|
|Place of birth||Derby, England|
|Height||5 ft 7 in (1.70 m)|
|Playing position||Midfielder, Defender|
|2004||→ Hereford United (loan)||3||(0)|
|2007||→ Darlington (loan)||4||(0)|
|2013–2014||Rainworth Miners Welfare|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 19:30, 27 February 2014 (UTC).
† Appearances (Goals).
Palmer was born in Derby and attended Derby Moor Community School. He began his professional career with Derby County, but did not establish himself as a first-team member. He then joined Notts County in 2004, from where he went out to Hereford United on loan for a month, making three appearances. He was given a first team place on his return, making 24 appearances, and scoring four goals, for Notts County.
Palmer signed for Wycombe Wanderers in the summer of 2006. He initially held down a place in the first team, but struggled to win back his place after a shoulder injury. He went on loan to Darlington in August 2007. After being released by Wycombe he signed for Walsall on 1 August 2008, after a successful trial period with the club.
Following his release from Burton Albion, Palmer joined Waitakere United in New Zealand on a short-term contract, where he played in the final stages of the 2012–13 OFC Champions League. He later returned to England to play for Northern Premier League Premier Division side Ilkeston on non-contract terms on 16 August 2013, he was joined by his former Burton Albion colleague Aaron Webster.
On 3 October 2014, Palmer left Ilkeston and signed for Conference North side Oxford City. On 29 January 2014, Palmer signed for Conference Premier side Tamworth, but after five appearances Palmer was released by the club on 27 February 2014. He was also joined in leaving the club on the same day by Tony Capaldi and Wayne Thomas
- "Search 1984 to 2006 – Birth, Marriage and Death indexes". Findmypast.com. Retrieved 12 August 2010.
- "Palmer earns Saddlers deal". Sky Sports. 1 August 2008. Retrieved 1 August 2008.
- "Gillingham sign midfielder Palmer". BBC Sport. 7 July 2009. Retrieved 7 July 2009.
- "Burton Albion sign Gillingham midfielder Chris Palmer". BBC Sport. 17 June 2011. Retrieved 17 June 2011.
- "Chris Palmer leaves Burton Albion for New Zealand opportunity". Derby Telegraph. 15 March 2013. Retrieved 19 March 2014.
- "Ilkeston sign former Burton Albion duo Webster and Palmer". BBC Sport. 16 August 2013. Retrieved 16 August 2013.
- "Oxford City FC signs Chris Palmer". OxfordCityFC.com. 3 October 2013. Retrieved 3 October 2013.
- "Lambs add former Walsall, Burton Albion and Notts County man to squad". TamworthHerald.co.uk. 29 January 2014. Retrieved 29 January 2014.
- "Former Cardiff and Stoke City defenders depart The Lamb". TamworthHerald.co.uk. 26 February 2014. Retrieved 26 February 2014.
|This biographical article related to association football in England, about a defender born in the 1980s, is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|