Chris Sanders (musician)
Chris Sanders and one of his RR Jackson guitars.
|Birth name||Chris Sanders|
|Born||July 4, 1984|
|Place of birth||Washington|
|Genres||Heavy metal, neo-classical metal, hard rock, blues rock, blues|
|Instruments||Guitar, Keyboards, Vocals|
|Years active||1994 - present|
|Labels||Polydor, Reprise, Capitol, MCA|
|Associated acts||Northern Light Orchestra, Lizzy Borden, Nadir D'Priest, Happenin' Harry and the Haptones|
|Sanders performing on guitar|
Chris Sanders is an American rock/metal guitarist and songwriter. He is best known as the lead guitarist for Knight Fury, the heavy-metal band Lizzy Borden, LONDON with Nadir D'Priest, and the Northern Lights Orchestra. Sanders performs at music festivals and stadium size concert events and tours internationally.
Before joining Lizzy Borden, Sanders joined forces with London frontman Nadir D'Priest. Critics compared Sanders playing style to the late Randy Rhoads saying "I was reminded of another young guitarist I once had the pleasure of seeing ...; The guitarist was none other than Randy Rhoads".
Lizzy Borden 2007-2010
Sanders joined the band Lizzy Borden in 2007, He toured with Lizzy Borden on their U.S./E.U. tours which included billings at some rock & heavy-metal music festivals such as Rocklahoma(U.S.), KobetaSonik (Spain), The Sweden Rock Festival (Sweden), Bang Your Head (Germany) June 2008, and Keep It True (Germany). He also appears in the music video for "Under Your Skin" performing both piano and guitar. His final show with the band was in June 2010 to focus full-time on his own project Knight Fury with bassist David Ellefson of Megadeth and drummer Ken Mary of Alice Cooper.
Northern Light Orchestra 2009
Knight Fury 2011-present
||This section of a biographical article needs additional citations for verification. (June 2012)|
Knight Fury was created by Chris Sanders in 2011. The band is known for being versatile and fitting somewhere in the Hard Rock/Heavy Metal/Power Metal theme. It was noted as a super group with all star members David Ellefson (Megadeth) and Ken Mary (Alice Cooper, Impellateri, Fifth Angel) and William King on Vocals.
In 2011 their debut album "Time to Rock" was released world wide. "Time to Rock" album was released in Europe by German Label Pure Steel Records.
In 2012 Knight Fury recorded 2 additional bonus tracks for the Japan market released from Rubicon Music.
In 2013 Chris Sanders returned to join the band LONDON fronted by Nadir D'Priest for the North American Tour and appearance at the Rocklahoma Festival.
- "About Chris Sanders". All Access Magazine.Com. October 8, 2009. Retrieved August 6, 2010.
- "D'Priest - A Night of Rock'N'Terror". SugarBuzzMagazine.Com. October 30, 2007. Retrieved August 6, 2010.
- "MusicMight :: Artists :: LIZZY BORDEN". Rockdetector.com. Retrieved 2010-08-09.
- "Rocklahoma III by Commish". Classicrockrevisited.com. Retrieved 2010-08-09.
- 1:21 PM (June 26, 2009). "Lizzy Borden Issues Kobetasonik Festival Recap - in Metal News". Metal Underground.com. Retrieved 2010-08-09.
- "Lizzy Borden Confirmed For Stockholm Rock Festival | News". Rock My Monkey. May 26, 2010. Retrieved 2010-08-09.[dead link]
- "BLABBERMOUTH.NET - LIZZY BORDEN Frontman Promises 'Special Set' For BANG YOUR HEAD!!! Appearance". Roadrunnerrecords.com. Retrieved 2010-08-09.
- "New Tour dates posted - This is the Official Website of". Lizzy Borden. Retrieved 2010-08-09.
- "Under Your Skin". Lizzy Borden. April 24, 2009. Retrieved 2010-06-02.
- "Roman Midnight Music CD Reviews & Interviews podcast - Interview: Chris Sanders". blogtalkradio.com. Retrieved 2011-07-01.
- "Christmas Music | Free Christmas Music | Northern Light Orchestra". Carangel.com. Retrieved 2010-08-09.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Chris Sanders (musician).|