Christ of Vũng Tàu
Christ the King, of Vũng Tàu (Vietnamese: Tượng Chúa Kitô Vua) is a statue of Jesus, standing on Mount Nho in Vũng Tàu, Bà Rịa–Vũng Tàu Province, Đông Nam Bộ, Vietnam. The Vietnam Catholic Association built the statue in 1974 and it was completed in 1993.
It is 32 metres (105 ft) high, standing on a 4 metres (13 ft) high platform, for a 36 metres (118 ft) total monument height with two outstretched arms spanning 18.3 metres (60 ft). There is a 133-step staircase inside the statue.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Christ of Vung Tau.|
- Frommer's Vietnam - Page 336 Sherisse Pham - 2010 "A sizable Christian population accounts for the Christian statuary, as well as the town's large central cathedral."
- GIANT CHRIST STATUE
- Giant Jesus Christ Statue In Vung Tau City
- Jesus Christ Statue, Vung Tau, Vietnam
- Christ The Redeemer in Rio de Janeiro.
- Cristo Redentore, Christ the Redeemer of Maratea, Italy
- Cristo-Rei in Portugal: a 28 meter high replica of Christ the Redeemer
- Cristo Rey del Cubilete in Guanajuato, Mexico: a 23 meter high statue inspired by Christ the Redeemer
- Christ of the Ozarks in Arkansas, USA: a 20-meter high statue inspired by Christ the Redeemer
- Christ the Redeemer of the Andes (Argentina/Chile)
- Cristo de la Concordia in Cochabamba, Bolivia
- Cristo Blanco in Cuzco, Peru
- Cristo de las Noas in Torreón, Mexico
- Christ of the Abyss in various underwater locations