In 1966 she received a scholarship from the German National Academic Foundation and moved to New York, returning to Europe to live in Rome the following year. Since 1972 she has lived in Berlin and La Haute Carpénée in the south of France. Between 1984 and 1988, she works as assistant to Georg Baselitz at the Hochschule der Künste, Berlin.
Since 1967 she has had numerous solo exhibitions in Berlin, New York, Paris, Venice, Buenos Aires, Zurich, Moscow and elsewhere in Europe and the United States, as well as being featured in many group exhibitions. In 2010-11 she was one of nine female pop artists included in the exhibition Power Up in Vienna's Kunsthalle.
Recent Solo Exhibitions
- 1997 "Rußland", Galerie Springer, Berlin, December 1996-26 February 1997.
- 2000 "Christa Dichgans. Zum 60* - Bilder", Galerie Poll, Berlin, 8 April – 10 June 2000.
- 2004 "Christa Dichgans: Bilder und Skulpturen", Galerie Kasten, Mannheim, 28 March – 31 May 2004.
- 2006 "Christa Dichgans. King Kong Kisses", Contemporary Fine Arts, Berlin, 25 August – 23 September 2006.
- 2010 "Spielzeugbilder 1967–7", Galerie Daniel Blau, Munich
Her work is held in a number of public collections including:
- Kirchliches Museen Würzburg
- Kunstmuseum Bonn
- Kunstverein Schloß Wertingen
- Neue Nationalgalerie. Berlin
- Sammlung des Deutschen Bundestages, Berlin
- Städtische Galerie Viersen