8 November 1920|
|Died||1 January 1987
|Years of service||1939–1945|
|Rank||Leutnant der Reserve|
|Awards||Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross with Oak Leaves|
Christian Braun (8 November 1920 – 1 January 1987) was a highly decorated Leutnant der Reserve in the Wehrmacht during World War II. He was also a recipient of the Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross with Oak Leaves. The Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross and its higher grade Oak Leaves was awarded to recognise extreme battlefield bravery or successful military leadership.
Dates of Rank 
- Gefreiter - 1 July 1940
- Unteroffizier - 1 August 1941
- Feldwebel - 1 July 1942
- Oberfeldwebel - 1 April 1943
- Offiziersbewerber - 1 September 1944
- Fahnenjunker - 1 November 1944
- Leutnant der Reserve - 1 December 1944
Awards and decorations 
- Iron Cross (1939)
- 2nd Class (12 September 1941)
- 1st Class (5 October 1941)
- Infantry Assault Badge (1 September 1941)
- Wound Badge
- in Black (28 January 1942)
- in Silver (22 April 1944)
- Eastern Front Medal (1 August 1942)
- Close Combat Clasp
- in Bronze (1 May 1944)
- in Silver (9 April 1944)
- Honour Roll Clasp of the Army (7 August 1943)
- 4 Tank Destruction Badges for Individual Combatants
- German Cross in Gold (26 June 1942)
- Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross with Oak Leaves
- Fellgiebel 2000, p. 122.
- Fellgiebel 2000, p. 78.
- Fellgiebel, Walther-Peer (2000). Die Träger des Ritterkreuzes des Eisernen Kreuzes 1939-1945. Friedburg, Germany: Podzun-Pallas. ISBN 3-7909-0284-5.
- Scherzer, Veit (2007). Ritterkreuzträger 1939–1945 Die Inhaber des Ritterkreuzes des Eisernen Kreuzes 1939 von Heer, Luftwaffe, Kriegsmarine, Waffen-SS, Volkssturm sowie mit Deutschland verbündeter Streitkräfte nach den Unterlagen des Bundesarchives (in German). Jena, Germany: Scherzers Miltaer-Verlag. ISBN 978-3-938845-17-2.
|This biographical article related to the German Army is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|