- Part One - The Cares of the Pagans
- Part Two - States of Mind in the Strife of Suffering
- Part Three - Thoughts that Wound from Behind
- Part Four - Discourses at the Communion on Fridays
Parts two and four were written first and discusses the Christian life in a world of adversity and strife. Parts one and three were written last and are polemics. Part three was originally planned for another volume and included in Christian Discourses at the last minute.
God's greatness is in forgiving, in showing mercy, and in this, his greatness, he is greater than the heart that condemns itself.
— Søren Kierkegaard, Christian Discourses in Essential Kierkegaard, p.328
- Christian Discourses; The Crisis and a Crisis in the Life of an Actress, edited and translated with introduction and notes by Howard V. Hong and Edna H. Hong. Princeton University Press (1997) ISBN 0-691-01649-6
|This article about a philosophy-related book is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a book related to Christianity is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|