Christian H. Cooper
July 14, 1976 |
Christian H. Cooper is an author and trader living in New York City. He is a frequent commentator in the Wall Street Journal, Reuters, Financial Times, and Bloomberg News. His writing has appeared in The Diplomat, The Hill, and Foreign Affairs.
Cooper is a member of the roundtables at the Washington based think tank Center for Strategic and International Studies currently led by John Hamre, a member of the Aspen Institute Society of Fellows, is a Truman National Security Fellow, and a member of the Council on Foreign Relations.
He directs Banking for a New Beginning. Banking for A New Beginning will focus on work with the central banks of the PNB target countries including Turkey, Tunisia, Libya, Algeria, Pakistan,Morocco, Egypt and the Palestinian Territories. in an effort to share best practices, operational assistance, and coordinated action among the central banks.
Banking for a New Beginning
Headed by Christian H. Cooper, Banking for a New Beginning is an initiative that aims to connect central banks in PNB target countries, as well as in other countries including Afghanistan, with similar financial institutions in the United States and Europe, in an effort to bridge communication and provide training and operational assistance where requested. The project will work specifically to facilitate information-sharing and best practices when it comes to supporting small and medium sized enterprises, developing sustainable and secure energy, advancing entrepreneurship, and supporting local infrastructure development. By working closely with the central banking authorities, local businesses, and American and European counterparts, Banking for a New Beginning will facilitate coordinated banking practices as a means of cultivating globally business-friendly environments.
- "Investment, Not Just Subsidies", The Hill February 4, 2015
- "How About a Flat Tax on Repatriated Income?", The Hill, September 8, 2014
- "In Iraq A Faustian Bargain Awaits America and Iran",CiceroMagazine, August 31, 2014
- "Managing Iran's Nuclear Prowess", Foreign Policy Association, Foreign Policy Association, July 23, 2014
- "Why a Nuclear Iran is Key to Any Longterm Deal", Foreign Affairs, January 21, 2014
- "Iran Talks: Breaking the Mosaic of Mistrust", The Diplomat, October 18, 2013
- "Compromise Only Way to Get Spending in Order", Scripps Howard News Service, October 2, 2013
- "US Must Intervene in Syria If Diplomacy Fails", Scripps Howard News Service, September 12, 2013
- "Saving Afghanistan's Economy: The 1818 Model", The Diplomat, August 12, 2013
- "How The United States Can Instantly Improve Relations with Iran", Truman Doctrine, July 3, 2013
- "Unreformed Entitlements Pose our Greatest Security Threat", The Hill, June 20, 2013
- "A New Plan for a New Afghanistan" with Ahmad Zia Massoud, The Diplomat, May 1, 2013
- Member, Council on Foreign Relations
- Member, CSIS Roundtable
- Member, Aspen Institute Society of Fellows
- Fellow, Truman National Security Project
- Member, Chatham House
- Partners for a New Beginning
- Ahmad Zia Massoud
- Truman National Security Project
- Aspen Institute
- Council On Foreign Relations
- The Hill
- The Diplomat
- "Benchmark Treasurys Flat; Payroll Data Key To Fed Rate Outlook". The Wall Street Journal. March 31, 2011. Retrieved November 11, 2011.
- "Treasurys Fall On Strength In Global Stocks". The Wall Street Journal. April 20, 2011. Retrieved November 11, 2011.
- "Treasurys Post Longest Decline Since 1990 On Fed Outlook, Supply". The Wall Street Journal. March 29, 2011. Retrieved November 11, 2011.
- "Short-Dated Treasurys Lead Rebound On Middle East Worries". The Wall Street Journal. March 7, 2011. Retrieved November 11, 2011.
- "GLOBAL MARKETS-Stocks, gold sink on nuclear fear, bonds jump". Reuters. Retrieved November 11, 2011.
- Frierson, Burton. "Japan brings money home to rebuild". Reuters. Retrieved November 11, 2011.
- "TREASURIES-Rising food, oil prices hurt bond market". Reuters. Retrieved November 11, 2011.
- Walker, Susanne (March 28, 2011). "Treasuries Erase Drop Before Two-Year Note Auction as Yields Draw Buyers". Bloomberg. Retrieved November 11, 2011.
- Eddings, Cordell (February 11, 2011). "Treasuries Rise on Refuge Demand as Mubarak Steps Down Amid Turmoil". Bloomberg. Retrieved November 11, 2011.
- "Class of May 2011 | Truman National Security Project". Trumanproject.org. Retrieved November 11, 2011.