Christian Moueix (pronounced "moo-icks") is a French winemaker and the president of the négociant house Établissements Jean-Pierre Moueix in Libourne, overseeing production in several estates in Saint-Émilion and Pomerol including Château Pétrus and Château Trotanoy. He has managed the company since his father Jean-Pierre Moueix stepped down in 1978.
Moueix also owns Dominus Estate in Napa Valley, California. Upon a recommendation by Robert Mondavi to establish production in Napa Valley, Moueix entered into a partnership with Robin Lail and Marcia Smith in 1982 on the historic Napanook Vineyards estate and became the sole owner of the property in 1995.
- Murphy, Linda San Francisco Chronicle (February 3, 2005). "MoueiX Files". The San Francisco Chronicle.
- Apstein, Michael, Wine Review Online (August 30, 2005). "A Conversation with Christian Moueix".
- Prial, Frank J. The New York Times (March 9, 1988). "Wine Talk".
- Apstein, Michael, Wine Review Online (September 27, 2005). "A Conversation with Christian Moueix, Part II: Dominus Estate".
- Lechmere, Adam, Decanter.com (March 4, 2008). "Moueix named Decanter Man of the Year".
|This wine-related biographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|