||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification. (October 2008)|
||This article includes a list of references, but its sources remain unclear because it has insufficient inline citations. (October 2008)|
|Born||Christian Urs Quadflieg
April 11, 1945
|Other names||Christian Urs|
Christian Quadflieg attended school in Hamburg. After he finished his education with the Abitur (A-levels) he began a three year lasting education at the Westfälischen Schauspielschule (Actors school of Westphalia) in Bochum. Between 1969 and 1973 he was a member of the theater companies in Oberhausen, Wuppertal and Basel. These were followed by work in Berlin, Hamburg, Munich, Vienna and Zürich. He was also engaged at the Salzburg Festival.
He had roles in a great number of TV series and movies, among them e.g. in Der Alte, Derrick, Das Traumschiff, Siska and Tatort. In the 40 episodes of Der Landarzt, he portrayed the title role of Dr. Karsten Matthiesen and in 16 of these episodes he also worked as director.
He regularly tours Germany with programmes of reading the work of various poets. In recent years he has been seen less on TV, which he explains with 'his search for a better quality of his roles'.
During his time in Oberhausen he worked under the name Christian Urs as he did not want to profit from the fame of his father Will Quadflieg, who was born and raised in Oberhausen.
- Derrick - Season 5, Episode 7: "Kaffee mit Beate" (1978)
- Derrick - Season 6, Episode 12: "Ein Todesengel" (1979)
- Derrick - Season 7, Episode 9: "Zeuge Yuroski" (1980)
- Salzburger Festspiele 1981 Offizielles Programm. Accessed 2008-10-23.
- Christian Quadflieg at the Internet Movie Database. Accessed 2008-10-23.
- Christian Quadflieg Official Site. Accessed 2008-10-23. "... dass ich in der Auswahl meiner Filmrollen ein bisschen wählerisch geworden bin (...that I have become a bit selective in my choice of film roles)."
- Deutsches Bühnenjahrbuch 1968 and 1969 (German)