Ribeiro with the Wales U21 side.
|Full name||Christian Michael Ribeiro|
|Date of birth||14 December 1989|
|Place of birth||Neath, Wales|
|Height||1.83 m (6 ft 0 in)|
|2009||→ Stockport County (loan)||7||(0)|
|2010||→ Colchester United (loan)||2||(0)|
|2011–2012||→ Carlisle United (loan)||5||(0)|
|2012||→ Scunthorpe United (loan)||10||(0)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 22:17, 6 December 2014 (UTC).
† Appearances (Goals).
Ribeiro came through the youth system at Bristol City before earning his first professional contract, lasting two and a half years, with the club in December 2006. His first team debut came nearly two years later in a 2–1 win over Peterborough United in the Football League Cup on 12 August 2008, but was replaced after just 34 minutes after damaging his anterior cruciate ligament, which kept him out for nearly a year. Prior to his injury, he was linked with a move to Premier League side Everton. However he quickly dismissed the rumours stating: "I felt I had a better chance of playing at Bristol City and I was proved right because I got into the first team, it just so happened that was when I got injured."
Having made just one appearance during the 2009–10 season due to another injury sustained while international duty, Ribeiro was allowed to join Football League One side Stockport County on a one-month loan deal with a 24-hour recall clause. He made his Football League and Stockport debut in a 3–1 defeat to Exeter City in November. After a month, he decided to extend his loan period to 9 January 2010. However, at the end of December, manager Gary Johnson opted to exercise the recall clause following an injury crisis and Ribeiro returned at the end of December. He went on loan again, to Colchester United, until another injury ended his spell. Ribeiro made his league debut for Bristol City in a 2–2 draw with Newcastle United on 20 March 2010. In May 2012, Ribeiro was released after learning that his contract would not be renewed.
On 9 July 2012, Ribeiro signed a two-year contract at Scunthorpe United following a loan for the second half of the previous season. He made his debut as a permanent player for the club in League One on 18 August, playing the full 90 minutes of a 0–3 defeat at Crawley Town; in total he played 28 league matches in a campaign which saw the club relegated. He scored the first goal of his professional career on 17 November 2012, opening a 2–2 draw against Notts County at Glanford Park, curling the ball after a one-two with Mark Duffy. Ribeiro's only other goal for Scunthorpe came on 15 December in a 3–1 win at Leyton Orient, again scoring the first goal of the game and again assisted by Duffy.
The club announced on 8 May 2014 that he would be released at the end of the season, despite playing 21 games as they won promotion back to League One.
On 21 August 2014, Ribeiro officially signed for League Two side Exeter City after a successful pre-season trial. The club were under a transfer embargo due to financial issues and Ribeiro was carrying an injury which was likely to remain until September.
He made his debut for the club on 6 September, starting in a 1–2 home defeat to Mansfield Town at St James Park. On 11 October he scored his first goal for Exeter, a headed consolation in another home loss by the same score against Hartlepool United; a second came on 6 December as a late equaliser for a 1–1 draw against Burton Albion.
Ribeiro was a regular at various youth levels for Wales including taking part in the under-19 squad that played in the Milk Cup in 2007. On 12 November 2007 he was called up for the Wales U21 team for the matches against Bosnia and Herzegovina U21 and France U21, playing in both. He was first called up to the senior squad for the 2010 World Cup qualifier against Russia in September 2009 but did not leave the bench. Ribeiro made his debut for the Wales national football team on 23 May 2010 against Croatia at the Gradski vrt stadium, Osijek.
As of 6 December 2014
|Club||League||Season||League||FA Cup||League Cup||League Trophy||Total|
|Stockport County (loan)||League One||2009–10||7||0||0||0||0||0||0||0||7||0|
|Colchester United (loan)||League One||2009–10||2||0||0||0||0||0||0||0||2||0|
|Carlisle United (loan)||League One||2011–12||5||0||2||0||0||0||0||0||7||0|
|Scunthorpe United (loan)||League One||2011–12||10||0||0||0||0||0||0||0||10||0|
|Scunthorpe United||League One||2012–13||28||2||1||0||2||0||1||0||32||2|
|Scunthorpe United||League Two||2013–14||21||0||2||0||1||0||1||0||25||0|
|Exeter City||League Two||2014-15||15||2||1||0||1||0||0||0||17||2|
- "Search 1984 to 2006 – Birth, Marriage and Death indexes". Findmypast.com. Retrieved 2009-11-22.
- http://www.bcfc.co.uk/page/ProfilesDetail/0,,10327~40108,00.html[dead link]
- "Future looks bright for latest PMA signing Christian Ribeiro". Givemefootball.com. 1 January 2007. Retrieved 2008-11-05.
- "Ribeiro earns first City contract". BBC Sport. 14 December 2006. Retrieved 2007-11-21.
- "Bristol City 2–1 Peterborough". BBC Sport. 12 August 2008. Retrieved 2009-11-22.
- "Bristol City and Wales defender Christian Ribeiro joins Stockport on loan". gazetteseries.co.uk. 21 November 2009. Retrieved 2009-11-22.
- "Ribeiro back to City after injury". BBC Sport. 17 July 2009. Retrieved 2009-11-22.
- "Ribeiro has no regrets about staying at Bristol City". gazetteseries.co.uk. 2 April 2009. Retrieved 2009-11-22.
- "Stockport 1–3 Exeter". BBC Sport. 21 November 2009. Retrieved 2009-11-22.
- "Bristol City's Ribeiro set for Bristol Rovers showdown". Bristol Evening Post. 22 December 2009.
- "Christian returns to Bristol". stockportcounty.com. 29 December 2009. Retrieved 2009-12-30.
- "Recalled Ribeiro eyeing chance to feature for Bristol City". Bristol Evening Post. 31 December 2009.
- "Bristol City 2–2 Newcastle". BBC Sport. 20 March 2010. Retrieved 2010-03-24.
- "Christian Ribeiro to leave Bristol City at the end of his contract". Gazette. 3 May 2012. Retrieved 9 May 2012.
- "Ribeiro joins permanently". Scunthorpe United F.C. 9 July 2012. Retrieved 9 July 2012.
- "Crawley 3-0 Scunthorpe". BBC Sport. 18 August 2012. Retrieved 6 December 2014.
- "Scunthorpe 2-2 Notts County". BBC Sport. 17 November 2012. Retrieved 6 December 2014.
- "Leyton Orient 1-3 Scunthorpe". BBC Sport. 15 December 2012. Retrieved 6 December 2014.
- "Christian Ribeiro will be released by Scunthorpe United". Scunthorpe Telegraph. 8 May 2014. Retrieved 7 July 2014.
- Pilnick, Brent (21 August 2014). "Christian Ribeiro completes Exeter City transfer". BBC Sport. Retrieved 6 December 2014.
- "Exeter 1-2 Mansfield". BBC Sport. 6 September 2014. Retrieved 6 December 2014.
- "Exeter 1-2 Hartlepool". BBC Sport. 11 October 2014. Retrieved 6 December 2014.
- "Exeter 1-1 Burton". BBC Sport. 6 December 2014. Retrieved 6 December 2014.
- "Ramsey withdrawn from Wales squad". BBC Sport. 20 July 2007. Retrieved 2007-11-21.
- "Injured Bale ruled out for Wales". BBC Sport. 12 November 2007. Retrieved 2007-11-21.
- "Bristol City defender Ribeiro ready for Russia". Bristol Evening Post. 9 September 2009.
- "Christian Ribeiro". Soccerbase. Retrieved 7 July 2014.