Christian Ulrich II, Duke of Württemberg-Wilhelminenort
|Christian Ulrich II, Duke of Württemberg-Wilhelminenort|
|Spouse(s)||Philippine Charlotte of Redern-Krappitz|
|Noble family||House of Württemberg|
|Father||Christian Ulrich I, Duke of Württemberg-Oels|
|Mother||Sibylle Marie of Saxe-Merseburg|
27 January 1691|
Vielguth Castle in Oleśnica
|Died||7 February 1734
Christian Ulrich II was the youngest son of the Duke Christian Ulrich I of Württemberg-Oels (1652-1704) from his second marriage to Princess Sibylle Marie (1667-1693), the daughter of Duke Christian I of Saxe-Merseburg. Christian Ulrich II studied in Frankfurt (Oder) and at the Military Academy in Berlin.
Christian Ulrich II resided as a Paréage Lord at the country estate of Wilhelminenort, the former village of Bresewitz (near Bierutów), that had been renamed in honor of his stepmother, Sophie Wilhelmine of East Frisia (1659-1698). He converted to Catholicism on 26 January 1723, during a trip to Rome.
He died in 1734 in Stuttgart at the age of 42. His son was chosen by his childless older brother to succeed him as Duke of Oels.
Marriage and issue
- Elisabeth Sophie Charlotte (Wilhelminenort, 21 June 1714 - Wilhelminenort, 20 April 1716).
- Ulrike Louise (Wilhelminenort, 21 May 1715 - Oels, 17 May 1748), canoness at Gandersheim Abbey.
- Charles Christian Erdmann (Wilhelminenort, 26 October 1716 - Oels, 14 December 1792), Duke of Württemberg-Oels.
- Wilhelmine Philippine (Wilhelminenort, 10 November 1719 - Wilhelminenort, 2 December 1719).
- Franziska Charlotte Jakobine (Wilhelminenort, 1 June 1724 - Krappitz, 28 April 1728).
- Fredericka Johanna (Wilhelminenort, 17 October 1725 - Wilhelminenort, 25 October 1726).
- Christian Ulrich Herzog v.Württemberg in: Genealogy Database by Herbert Stoyan [retrieved 11 October 2014].
- Genealogy of the House of Württemberg in: Genealogy.euweb.cz [retrieved 11 October 2014].
- Johann Christian Benjamin Regehly: Geschichte und Beschreibung von Carlsruhe in Oberschlesien, p. 31
- August B. Michaelis: Einleitung zu einer volständigen Geschichte der Chur- und Fürstlichen Häuser ..., p. 463
|This Polish history–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a member of the German nobility is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|