Christian Zionism in the United Kingdom
Christian Zionism in the United Kingdom is a Christian ideology that sees the return of the Jews to the Holy Land as a fulfilment of scriptural prophecy. Supporters of Christian Zionism believe that the existence of the Jewish State can and should be supported on theological grounds.
Proponents of Christian Zionism believe that Israel must belong to the Jewish people as one of the prerequisites for the return of Jesus to earth, and that Armageddon, an apocalyptic battle between good and evil, will take place when Jesus returns.  The rising popularity in Britain of this apocalyptic premillennial eschatology and Zionist vision has been criticized by Christian evangelist Stephen Sizer. He and Christian Zionist David Pawson have publicly debated the issue.
In 2007, the Israeli English-language newspaper Jerusalem Post, reported on the Jerusalem Summit Europe conference held in London, describing it as an attempt "to stem the tide of rising Islamic fundamentalism in Europe."  According to the paper, the goal was to "rekindle the faded force of Christian Zionism in the United Kingdom."
Exploits Ministry is one of the London organizations actively promoting Christian Zionism. 
Other organisations are Christian Friends of Israel, UK, the Church's Ministry Among Jewish People (The Israel Trust of the Anglican Church), Intercessors For Britain (IFB), "Prayer Friends of Israel" (PFI), Derek Prince Ministries, Beit Yeshua, North East Messianic Fellowship, Bridges of Peace, C L Ministries, Evangelical Sisterhood of Mary, Hatikvah Film Trust, International Christian Embassy Jerusalem, UK, Messianic (Christian) Educational Trust, Paul Heyman International Ministries, Revelation TV, the Israel Britain Evangelistic Association and Christian Zionists for Israel UK.
See also 
- Restoration of the Jews to the Holy Land
- Left Behind (series)
- Christian eschatology
- Christianity and Judaism
- Christian right
- In Depth: Christian Zionism in Britain, Ravender Singh Sembhy
- Pawson/Sizer debate
- Jerusalem Summit
- UK forum promotes Christian Zionism, Jerusalem Post, January 28, 2007
- In Depth: Christian Zionism, London Progressive Journal, Issue 1, 11th to 17th January 2008
Further reading 
- Pawson, David Defending Christian Zionism Terra Nova Publications International Ltd April 2008 ISBN 978-1-901949-62-9
- The Historical Roots of Christian Zionism from Irving to Balfour: Christian Zionism in the United Kingdom (1820–1918) by Stephen Sizer - from the book 'Challenging Christian Zionism: Theology, Politics and the Israel-Palestine Conflict'
- Donald M. Lewis, "The Origins of Christian Zionism: Lord Shaftesbury and Evangelical Support for a Jewish Homeland," Cambridge University Press, 2009. ISBN 978-0-521-51518-4
- Christian Zionism: A British Perspective by The Rev. Dr. Stephen Sizer (with footnotes here)
- Alan Hart interview with Reverend Stephen Sizer on the implications of Christian Zionism