Christianity in the United Arab Emirates
There is no official recognition of Christian denominations. However, Christians are free to worship and wear religious clothing, if applicable. The country has Oriental Orthodox and Eastern Orthodox churches along with Protestant and Roman Catholic churches. Among the Protestant denominations in the country are the Christian Brethren, the Coptic Evangelical Church and the Evangelical Alliance Church. Other denominations are the Arab Evangelical Church of Dubai, Dubai City Church and the United Christian Church of Dubai. The Anglican Communion is represented by the Diocese of Cyprus and the Gulf of the Episcopal Church in Jerusalem and the Middle East.
The importation and sale of religious material is allowed; however, attempts to spread Christianity among Muslims are not permitted. Non-Muslim religious leaders reported that customs authorities rarely questioned the entry of religious materials such as Bibles and hymnals into the country.
The government does not permit churches to display crosses on the outside of their premises or to erect bell towers. Christian men are not allowed to marry Muslim women. The government does not permit conversion from Islam. Conversion from Islam to Christianity is not permitted. The schools in public ownership have no Christian religious education.
- Christianity by country
- Human rights in the United Arab Emirates
- Freedom of religion in the United Arab Emirates
- Roman Catholicism in the United Arab Emirates
- Religion in the United Arab Emirates
- Protestantism in the United Arab Emirates
- "United Arab Emirates: International Religious Freedom Report 2007". U.S. Department of State: Bureau of Democracy, Human Rights, and Labor. 2007-09-14. Retrieved 2008-01-10.
- "United Arab Emirates: International Religious Freedom Report 2006". U.S. Department of State: Bureau of Democracy, Human Rights, and Labor. 2006-09-15. Retrieved 2008-02-17.
- World Christian Encyclopedia, 2001 edition, Volume 1, page 771/772
- "Who is DECC". Deccc.com. Retrieved 2012-02-23.
- "United Arab Emirates". 2001-2009.state.gov. Retrieved 2012-02-23.
- Indian Orthodox Church, Dubai
- Dubai City Church
- Dubai Evangelical Church Centre
- Christ Church Jebel Ali - Anglican Church of Dubai
- United Christian Church of Dubai Website
- Evangelical Community Church of Abu Dhabi Website
- Arab Youth Christian Ministry Dubai (ISO Youth)