Christie's Education is the educational arm of Christie's auction house and has colleges in London and New York accredited by the University of Glasgow in the UK and the New York State Board of Regents in the USA.
Christie's Education was founded in 1978 to promote the study of all aspects of the visual arts and the art market through hands-on experience of works of art and ethical art-world practice.
Christie's Education, London was originally based in South Kensington next to the Christie's salerooms as the Fine Arts Course. It occupies premises which were once those of the Building Crafts College at 153 Great Titchfield Street, London, where it runs Post-graduate programmes in European Art, Asian Art and Art, Law and Business at Master's and Postgraduate Diploma levels. PhD registration for research students is also offered to qualified candidates. A joint Undergraduate Master of Arts (MA Hons) degree in the History of Art and Art-world Practice is also run on two sites at the University of Glasgow and at Christie's Education London over 4 years.
Christie's Education, New York was established in 1993. It occupies premises opposite the New York Public Library at 11 West 42nd Street and offers Master's programmes in Modern art and its Markets and Global Contemporary Art as well as a part-time Certificate Programme. A modular Art Business course and continuing Education classes are also run in the evening.
Christie's Education, Hong Kong runs courses at the Hong Kong Convention Centre in May and November to coincide with the major international fairs held each year.
M.A. Michael (ed.), A Brief History of Christie's Education being the Recollections of the Former Staff of Christie's Fine Arts Course and including an Essay on the Christie Family Memorial, St. James's Gardens, Cardington Street NW1 and Commemorating 30 years of Christie's Education, London, 2008 (ISBN 978-0955780707).
- Christie's Education official website (English)
- Christie's Education official website (Russian)
- Christie's Education official website (Chinese, Traditional)
- Christie's Education official website (Chinese, Simplified)
- Christie's official website
- University of Glasgow joint MA (Hons) Programme
- University of Glasgow MLitt Programme in the Arts of China
- University of Glasgow MLitt Programme in Art Style and Design
- University of Glasgow MLitt Programme in the Arts of Europe
- University of Glasgow MLitt Programme in Modern and Contemporary Art
- http://www.christies.edu/london_artbus.html Art Business Course