|Member of the
San Francisco Board of Supervisors
from District 5
January 9, 2012 – January 8, 2013
|Preceded by||Ross Mirkarimi|
|Succeeded by||London Breed|
|Born||1961/1962 (age 52–53)
|Residence||San Francisco, California|
|Alma mater||California Institute of Integral Studies|
Christina Olague //  is a senior and housing rights advocate and an American politician who served on the San Francisco Board of Supervisors in 2012, representing District 5, consisting of Haight-Ashbury, part of Hayes Valley, the Inner Sunset, Japantown, and the Western Addition.
Olague was appointed to the post by mayor Ed Lee in the wake of her predecessor Ross Mirkarimi's election to be sheriff of San Francisco. However, she was defeated by challenger London Breed in the San Francisco Board of Supervisors elections, 2012.
Olague grew up in a farm labor camp in California's Central Valley. She states that the injustices she witnessed there drove her to participate in politics as a teenager, becoming involved in matters concerning immigrants, anti-war efforts, and opposition to nuclear energy. She was active in the Mission Anti-Displacement Coalition in the late 90's fighting for low income residents of the Mission. Then worked with Senior Action Network.
Prior to her appointment to the Board of Supervisors, she served as the president of the San Francisco Planning Commission. Olague switched from the Green Party to the Democratic Party with the election of Barack Obama. She also served on the board of LYRIC, the Lavender Youth Recreation and Information Center for LGBT youth in the Castro, and was a member of the Harvey Milk LGBT Democratic Club, and the Transit Riders Union. She lost her seat as a supervisor of a progressive district to London Breed.
Tenants Right's Background
Christina Olague was active in the Mission Anti-Displacement Coalition in the late 90's fighting for low income residents of the Mission.
She worked to defeat Proposition 98 the statewide measure that would have banned rent control. As planning commissioner, she worked to pass laws that would stop owner move in evictions of seniors, the disabled or the terminally ill.
- "Christina Olague Speaks at D5Dems 6/6/2012". Retrieved October 11, 2012.
- Gordon, Rachel (January 9, 2012). "Lee appoints Christina Olague as new S.F. District 5 supervisor". San Francisco Chronicle. Retrieved January 9, 2012.
- "District 5: London Breed Wipes the Competition". SF Weekly, November 7, 2012.
- (January 12, 2012) "Political Notebook: City gains first bi supervisor." SFGate. (Retrieved 11-2-2012.)
- "Busy weekend for SF LGBT politicos". Bay Area Reporter, October 26, 2012.
- Gordon, Rachel and Knight, Heather (January 10, 2012) "Christina Olague elated as pick for District 5 seat." San Francisco Chronicle. (Retrieved 7-4-2012.)
- (January 17, 2012) "Daughter of Farmworker Becomes SF’s First Out Bisexual Supervisor." New America Media. (Retrieved 7-4-2012.)
- (January 12, 2012) "Christina Olague: Ed Lee’s pick for District 5 supervisor." Bay Area Reporter. (Retrieved 7-4-2012.)
- (October 2012) "2012 Endorsements" San Francisco Tenants Union. (Retrieved 11-2-2012.)