Pelosi with husband Peter Kaufman in 2011
|Born||Christine Paule Pelosi
1966 (age 46–47)
Paul Pelosi, Jr.
Christine Paule Pelosi (born 1966) is the daughter of Nancy Pelosi, and is an American Democratic Party political strategist from California; she is the author of Campaign Boot Camp (2007), a guide to successful campaigning.
Pelosi is the daughter of Nancy Pelosi, a Democratic Congresswoman from California and former Speaker of the United States House of Representatives, and businessman Paul Pelosi. Among Christine's siblings include environmental activist Paul Pelosi, Jr. and filmmaker Alexandra Pelosi.
Pelosi is the author of Campaign Boot Camp 2.0 and Campaign Boot Camp: Basic Training for Future Leaders' (2007), books used in her leadership trainings for candidates and causes. She directs the AFSCME PEOPLE Congressional Candidates Boot Camp, which prepares Democrats for campaigns and has helped 26 challengers get elected to the U.S. House of Representatives. Her work in public policy and politics includes service as Executive Director (1998–99) and Platform Chair (1996–present) of the California Democratic Party; Deputy City Attorney (Construction and Trial Teams) and Assistant District Attorney (Sexual Assault and Child Abuse Unit) for the City of San Francisco; U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development Special Counsel in the Clinton/Gore Administration (1999–2001); and, Chief of Staff to U.S. Representative John F. Tierney (2001–2005).
She holds a JD from the University of California Hastings College of the Law and a bachelor's degree from Georgetown University’s Edmund A. Walsh School of Foreign Service. Christine Pelosi is also a superdelegate for the Democratic Party. Christine Paule Pelosi endorsed Senator Barack Obama on June 3, 2008, when he won the popular delegate vote. Hers was one of a handful of votes who put him over the top to secure the democratic nomination.
An avid fan of baseball, she lives within walking distance of her beloved San Francisco Giants and serves on the Giants Community Fund board of directors.
She is married to filmmaker Peter Kaufman. The couple's daughter was born in 2009.
Since January 2011, Pelosi has also served as the Interim Executive Director of the Young Democrats of America.
- Christine Pelosi weblog at The Huffington Post
- Christine Pelosi, Peter Kaufman wedding announcement in The New York Times, February 17, 2008
- Christine Pelosi video interview about Campaign Boot Camp PTV Books, January 25, 2008
- Christine Pelosi's boot camp trains future politicians to avoid the campaign minefield - article in the San Francisco Chronicle
- "Chistine Pelosi", Huffington Post, http://www.huffingtonpost.com/christine-pelosi
- "Chistine Pelosi, Peter Kauffman," February 17, 2008, New York Times, http://www.nytimes.com/2008/02/17/fashion/weddings/17pelosi.html?_r=1