4 February 1948 |
Petit was born in Laignes in 1948. She initially studied at the Paris teaching hospital, Pitié-Salpêtrière Hospital and at the Pasteur Institute. She completed two pieces of post-doctoral research at the Centre for Molecular Research in Gif-sur-Yvette and another in Basel.
Petit's reaearch has been looking successfully at the link between genes and deafness as part of her research group at INSERM "Génétique et physiologie de l’audition".
Prizes and honours
- 1999 : Prix Charles-Leopold Mayer of the Academy of Sciences
- 2004 : L'Oréal-UNESCO For Women in Science
- 2006 : Co-winner of the Prix Louis-Jeantet Prize for Medicine
- 2007 : Grand Prix of Medical Research INSERM
- 2012 : Co-recipient with Karen Steel of the Royal Society's Brain Prize
- Knight of the Legion of Honor
- Officer of the National Order of Merit
|This French biographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|