Christmas Jumper Day
Christmas Jumper Day is an annual fundraising campaign in the UK organised by charity Save the Children. On a specific Friday in December, people are encouraged to make the world better with a sweater and raise funds for Save the Children by wearing a Christmas jumper and making a minimum donation of £1.
Those taking part can wear a Christmas jumper they already own, decorate an existing jumper with festive decorations, or even knit their own. Christmas Jumper Day is popular with schools and workplaces. Groups may take part in additional fundraising activities on the day, as well as making donations.
In 2014, Christmas Jumper Day will take place on Friday 12 December.
- "Cheryl Cole and Richard Branson lead the way on Christmas Jumper Day". Retrieved 11 January 2014.
- "Save the Children holding Christmas jumper day". Retrieved 11 January 2014.
- "You were woolly brilliant!". Retrieved 11 January 2014.
- "Christmas Jumper Day to make a million". Retrieved 11 January 2014.
- "Celebrities join first christmas jumper dat". Retrieved 11 January 2014.
- BBC News - Save the Children holding Christmas Jumper Day http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-25365079
|This article about a charitable organisation in the United Kingdom is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|