Christopher C. Horner
Christopher C. Horner is an attorney in Washington, D.C., a Senior Fellow at the Competitive Enterprise Institute, and an outspoken skeptic of climate change. Horner is also the author of three books on climate change skepticism.
Horner has represented CEI as well as Members of the U.S. House and Senate on matters of environmental policy in the federal courts, including the Supreme Court. He has written on numerous topics in publications such as law reviews, legal and industrial trade journals, and opinion pages. He is the author of four books.
- The Liberal War on Transparency (2012)
- Power Grab: How Obama's Green Policies Will Steal Your Freedom and Bankrupt America (2010)
- Red Hot Lies: How Global Warming Alarmists Use Threats, Fraud, and Deception to Keep You Misinformed (2008)
- The Politically Incorrect Guide to Global Warming (and Environmentalism) (2007)
The last was on the New York Times Bestseller list for many weeks.
Horner has testified before the U.S. Senate Committee on Foreign Relations and the Senate Committee on Environment and Public Works, and works on a legal and policy level with numerous think tanks and policy organizations throughout the world. He has given numerous addresses to audiences in the European Parliament in Strasbourg and Brussels, and before policymakers in European capitals including London, Rome, Prague, Copenhagen, Madrid, and Warsaw; topics range from rail deregulation and unfunded pension liability to energy and environment issues. He has provided legal, policy, and political commentary several hundred times each on both television and radio, in the United States, Europe, Canada, and Australia, including on the Fox News Channel, Court TV, MSNBC (with repeat visits on The News Hour with Jim Lehrer), BBC, CNN, CNN International, ITN, CBC, Bloomberg, and Reuters Television.
- List of The Daily Show guests (2007) (interviewed about The Politically Incorrect Guide to Global Warming and Environmentalism)
- New York Times Bestsellers: paperback nonfiction - 11 March 2007 (first week on list)
- New York Times Bestsellers: paperback nonfiction - 07 October 2007 (last week on list)
- Biography at CEI
- Red Hot Lies (Washington D.C.: Regnery Publishing) 2008 (includes summary biography)
- Statement Of Christopher C. Horner To The Joint Hearing Of The Senate Committees On Foreign Relations And Environment And Public Works on the Kyoto Protocol (24 June 2002)
- Interview on PBS Newshour (14 March 2001)
- Interview on The Daily Show about The Politically Incorrect Guide to Global Warming and Environmentalism (13 February 2007)
- Interview in Spiked (November 2008)
- Interview on Fox News about Red Hot Lies (10 November 2008)