Christopher Hall (theologian)
Christopher Hall (born 1950) is an Episcopalian theologian, writer and teacher who is a leading exponent of paleo-orthodox theology. He is Chancellor of Eastern University, dean of the Templeton Honors College and, together with United Methodist theologian Thomas Oden, another paleo-orthodox scholar, edits the Ancient Christian Commentary on Scripture. He has stated that his goal as a theologian is, "to introduce modern Christians to the world of the early church, particularly because the Holy Spirit has a history."
Dr. Hall and his wife Debbie have three children, Nathan, Nathalie, and Joshua.
- Ancient Christian Commentary on Scripture series, Associate editor with Thomas C. Oden (InterVarsity Press, Ongoing)
- Ancient Christian Commentary on Scripture: The Gospel of Mark, with Thomas C. Oden, (InterVarsity Press, June, 1998)
- Reading the Scripture with the Fathers (InterVarsity Press, September, 1998)
- Realized Religion: Research on Religion and Health, with Theodore Chamberlain (Templeton Foundation Press, Fall 2000)
- Ancient and Postmodern Christianity, with Kenneth Tanner (IVP, 2002)
- Studying Theology with the Church Fathers (InterVarsity Press, 2002)
- The Trinity, with Roger Olson (Eerdmans, 2002)
- Worshiping with the Church Fathers (InterVarsity Press, 2009)
- Does God Have a Future: A Debate on Divine Providence, with John Sanders (Baker Academic, 2003)
- Making Room for God: Spiritual Formation for Christian Leaders with Dr. David Fraser (The Center for Organizational Excellence, 1997)
|This biography of an American theology academic is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a Christian theologian is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|