Mintz-Plasse at the 2013 San Diego Comic-Con International
|Born||Christopher Charles Mintz-Plasse
June 20, 1989
Los Angeles, California, U.S.
Christopher Charles Mintz-Plasse (born June 20, 1989) is an American actor and comedian. He is best known for his roles as Fogell (better known as "McLovin") in Superbad, Augie Farcques in Role Models, and as Chris D'Amico in Kick-Ass and its sequel Kick-Ass 2.
Mintz-Plasse was born in Los Angeles, California, the son of Ellen Mintz, a school counselor, and Ray Plasse, a mailman, and was raised in West Hills, California. His father is from a Catholic family of half Polish, as well as French-Canadian and Irish, descent; his mother is Jewish. Mintz-Plasse attended El Camino Real High School (2003–07).
Mintz-Plasse acted in drama classes from first grade until his senior year in high school. He auditioned with two high school friends for the part of Fogell (aka "McLovin") in Superbad without professional head shots, before the audition and just took one with his camera phone. His mother was required by law to be on set while filming his sex scene in the film because he was only 17 years old at the time. Upon release, the film earned critical and commercial success, with many critics citing Mintz-Plasse's performance as one of its highlights and earned him a nomination for MTV Movie Award for Best Breakthrough Performance.
In 2008, Mintz-Plasse next appeared with Paul Rudd and Seann William Scott in David Wain's film Role Models as Augie Farques, a nerdy teenager obsessed with medieval live action role-playing games. He also made a small guest appearance on an episode of David Wain's internet series, Wainy Days. He also starred in a series of short comical PSA's for the website Funny or Die. He then starred in Harold Ramis' film Year One, as a comedic version of the biblical figure Isaac. He also appeared in a short film titled The Tale of RJ which ended up becoming the basis for the television series The Hard Times of RJ Berger.
The next year he voiced Fishlegs in the Academy Award nominated animated film How to Train Your Dragon. In April 2010, he appeared in Kick-Ass as the superhero Red Mist, a.k.a. Chris D'Amico, which was planned to be a minor role until director Matthew Vaughn saw Mintz-Plasse audition and saw what he was capable of. Mintz-Plasse was originally auditioned for Kick-Ass but when the producers believed that his acting was too loud and obnoxious they immediately gave him the role of Red Mist instead. His performance earned him a Teen Choice Award and Scream Award nomination. In May 2010, he guest-starred in an episode of Party Down as Kent, a friend of the character Roman. He performed his second voice-over in that month in the film Marmaduke, as the stylized dog Giuseppe. The same year he was featured in two music videos, Kid Cudi's Erase Me, featuring Kanye West and the indie rock band The Soft Pack's Answer to Yourself.
In 2011, Mintz-Plasse appeared in the remake of the 1985 film Fright Night as Evil Ed, who is the former best friend of Charley Brewster, played by Anton Yelchin. At first he was reluctant of accepting the role as it was a remake, but after reading the script and seeing the talent involved he accepted the role. He and his Fright Night co-star Dave Franco starred in a Funny or Die video called You're So Hot, where he and Franco compete against each other in a game of "You're So Hot".
In 2012, he lent his voice to the stop motion film, ParaNorman playing a bully named Alvin. The same year he also had a small role in the film Pitch Perfect as Tommy, the university's audition launcher. He then starred in two more shorts with Dave Franco, one a follow up video to You're So Hot and another titled Would You, which had its premiere at the SXSW Film Festival. Mintz-Plasse was supposed to play the lead role in the CBS sitcom Friend Me and even filmed several episodes, but before the series could air, it was cancelled after series creator Alan Kirschenbaum tragcially took his own life. As a promotion for the video game Far Cry 3, he starred in a series of online videos called The Far Cry Experience, as a fictional version of himself trapped on an island control by a psychotic pirate lord named Vaas. He is currently reprises his role of Fishlegs in DreamWorks Dragons television series, which aired on Cartoon Network.
He reprised his role, Chris D'Amico, now a supervillain known as The Motherfucker, in the sequel Kick-Ass 2, which was released in August 2013. Mintz-Plasse found the role to be darker than any other that he had portrayed, and hired an acting coach to help him with the more intense scenes. He made his third appearance in a music video in the Unknown Mortal Orchestra's video So Good At Being In Trouble. He and his Kick-Ass co-star Chloë Grace Moretz starred in a short segment in the film Movie 43 titled Middle School Date. He also had small roles in Seth Rogen and Evan Goldberg's This Is the End, playing a fictional version of himself, and in the romantic comedy film The To Do List, starring Aubrey Plaza. In September 2013, Mintz-Plasse and Dave Franco set out on a week long road trip across America to promote LG's "It’s All Possible" campaign for the electronics company’s new flagship smartphone, the LG G2. The actors documented their process and broadcast it on Funny or Die. Mintz-Plasse had a supporting role as college fraternity student Scoonie in the 2014 hit comedy film Neighbors and reprised his role as Fishlegs in the animated sequel How to Train Your Dragon 2.
|2007||Superbad||Fogell/McLovin||Nominated—MTV Movie Award for Best Breakthrough Performance|
|2008||Role Models||Augie Farcques|
|2009||The Tale of RJ||RJ||Short|
|2010||How to Train Your Dragon||Fishlegs Ingerman (voice)|
|2010||Kick-Ass||Chris D'Amico/Red Mist||Nominated—Teen Choice Award for Choice Movie Villain
Nominated—Scream Award for Best Supporting Actor
|2010||Legend of the Boneknapper Dragon||Fishlegs Ingerman (voice)||Short|
|2011||Fright Night||"Evil" Ed Lee|
|2011||Gift of the Night Fury||Fishlegs Ingerman (voice)||Short|
|2011||Book of Dragons||Fishlegs Ingerman (voice)||Short|
|2013||Movie 43||Mikey||Segment: "Middleschool Date"|
|2013||This Is the End||Christopher Mintz-Plasse|
|2013||The To Do List||Duffy|
|2013||Kick-Ass 2||Chris D'Amico/The Motherfucker|
|2014||Neighbors||Scoonie||Nominated—Young Hollywood Award for Best Cast Chemistry - Film (shared with Neighbors cast)
Nominated—Young Hollywood Award for Best Threesome (shared with Zac Efron & Dave Franco)
|2014||How to Train Your Dragon 2||Fishlegs Ingerman (voice)|
|2014||Get a Job||Ethan||Completed|
|2010||Party Down||Kent||Episode: "Steve Guttenberg's Birthday"|
|2012||Friend Me||Evan||Unaired series|
|2012–present||DreamWorks Dragons||Fishlegs Ingerman (voice)||40 episodes|
|2007||Wainy Days||Sketchy laborer #2||Episode: "Tough Guy"|
|2008||Piracy PSA||Himself||Funny or Die short|
|2008||Your Vote, Your Choice||Himself||Funny or Die short|
|2008||The McLovin' Fund||Himself||Funny or Die short|
|2009||Training Day||Corrupt Cop||Cinemash short|
|2011||You're So Hot||Himself||Funny or Die short|
|2012||You're So Hot: Part Deux||Himself||Funny or Die Short|
|2012||The Far Cry Experience||Himself||Main Role|
|2013||Damn Son Where'd You Find This?||Himself||Short |
|2013||Chris & Daves Epic Adventure||Himself||Funny or Die series|
|2014||Hazing||Himself||Funny or Die short|
|2014||You're So Hot: Vol. 3||O-Ren Ishii||Funny or Die short|
|2010||Erase Me||Kid Cudi||featuring Kanye West|
|2010||Answer to Yourself||The Soft Pack|
|2013||So Good At Being In Trouble||Unknown Mortal Orchestra|
- follers (1989-06-20). "Christopher Mintz-Plasse — EthniCelebs - Celebrity Ethnicity |What Nationality Background Ancestry Race". Ethnicelebs.com. Retrieved 2013-08-31.
- Abele, Robert (November 6, 2008). "Christopher Mintz-Plasse is everywhere". Los Angeles Times. Retrieved November 8, 2008.
- Strauss, Bob (June 2009). "Christopher Mintz-Plasse’s big sacrifice". Cineplex.com. Retrieved April 24, 2010.
- Dwyer, Kelly. "'Famous' Celtics fans take out ad to celebrate team's run". Yahoo!.
- O'Neill, Phelim (August 24, 2007). "First sight: Christopher Mintz-Plasse". The Guardian (UK). Retrieved August 24, 2007.
- Stated on The Tonight Show with Jay Leno, 2007
- Stated on MTV's Total Request Live
- "It’s great being a movie star... loads of girls want to hook up with McLovin Matt Meets Christopher Mintz-Plasse". The Sun (London). March 26, 2010.
Since he was only 17 at the time of filming, his mother Ellen Mintz was required by law to be on set during his sex scene.
- "Superbad (2007) - Weekend Box Office". Box Office Mojo. Retrieved 2007-09-24.
- Roger Ebert (2007-08-16). ":: rogerebert.com :: Reviews :: Superbad". Chicago Sun-Times. Retrieved 2007-08-19.
- ""Piracy PSA" with Christopher Mintz-Plasse". eGuiders.
- Itzkoff, Dave (May 20, 2010). "A Standout Student at Ribald High". The New York Times. Retrieved August 10, 2010.
- "Christopher Mintz-Plasse: Fright Night Remake to be Rated R!". DreadCentral.
- Millar, Mark. Kick-Ass: Creating the Comic, Making the Movie(Titan Books, 2010), ISBN 978-1-84856-409-1
- "Winners of "Teen Choice 2010" announced" (PDF). TeenChoiceAwards. 15 August 2010. Retrieved 8 January 2010.[dead link]
- "Scream 2010". Spike TV. 2010-10-16. Archived from the original on 1 November 2010. Retrieved 2010-11-01.
- Christopher Mintz-Plasse feels fortunate to be part of DreamWorks' 'Fright Night' remake
- Some "Inspired Fright Night Casting: McLovin and Dr. Who Join the Fray". DreadCentral.
- "Exclusive Interview with Christopher Mintz-Plasse on 'Fright Night'". About.com.
- "You're So Hot w/Dave Franco & Christopher Mintz-Plasse". Brian-McGinn.com.
- "Christopher Mintz-Plasse Talks PARANORMAN, Voice Acting, Bullying and Updates on HOW TO TRAIN YOUR DRAGON 2 and KICK-ASS 2". Collider.com.
- "Dave Franco bringing his 'weirdly sexual' short film to SXSW". EW.Com.
- "Friend Me: What Happened to the CBS Comedy?". TV Series Finale.
- "The Far Cry Experience". YouTube. Retrieved 2013-08-31.
- "Mintz-Plasse: I want darker roles". The Belfast Telegraph.
- Bricken, Rob (April 2, 2013). "The new This Is the End redband trailer contains Michael Cera's graphic death. That is all.". io9. Gawker Media. Archived from the original on December 20, 2012. Retrieved April 6, 2013.
- "CBS Films Moves Up Aubrey Plaza Comedy ‘The To-Do List’". Deadline.com. August 28, 2013. Retrieved May 9, 2013.
- "‘Neighbors’ Stars Dave Franco, Christopher Mintz-Plasse Road Trip for Your Amusement (Video)". The Warp.
- "Neighbors (2014)". Box Office Mojo. June 15, 2014. Retrieved June 16, 2014.
- "More How to Train Your Dragon Sequel Details". ComingSoon.net. October 11, 2010. Retrieved October 11, 2010.
- "the young rapscallions - Home". The Young Rapscallions.
- "Christopher Mintz-Plasse & Common Cinemash Training Day". FirstShowing.net.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Christopher Mintz-Plasse.|
- Christopher Mintz-Plasse at the Internet Movie Database
- Interview at ARTISTdirect.com
- Video interview