Mintz-Plasse at the Deauville American Film Festival, Deauville, France, September 3, 2011
|Born||Christopher Charles Mintz-Plasse
June 20, 1989
Los Angeles, California
Christopher Charles Mintz-Plasse (born June 20, 1989) is an American actor who is best known for his role as Fogell aka "McLovin" in his film debut, Superbad, Augie Farcques in Role Models, and as Chris D'Amico in Kick-Ass, and its sequel, Kick-Ass 2.
Mintz-Plasse acted in drama classes from first grade until his senior year in high school. He auditioned with two high school friends for the part of Fogell (aka "McLovin") in the film Superbad without professional head shots, before the audition and just took one with his camera phone. His mother was required by law to be on set while filming his sex scene in the film because he was only 17 years old at the time.
In 2008, he had a cameo on Jimmy Kimmel Live!, singing in the chorus during the segment "I'm Fucking Ben Affleck". He also appeared in Internet PSAs for voting and for Night of Too Many Stars. He also presented the best hip-hop video award with Slipknot at the 2008 MTV Video Music Awards. Mintz-Plasse next appeared with Paul Rudd and Seann William Scott in the David Wain film Role Models, and voiced Fishlegs in How to Train Your Dragon. In April 2010, he appeared in Kick Ass as the supervillain Red Mist, a.k.a. Chris D'Amico and will reprise his role in the upcoming sequel Kick-Ass 2, set for release in 2013. In May 2010, he guest-starred in an episode of Party Down as Kent, a friend of the character Roman. He performed his second voice-over in that month in the film Marmaduke, as the stylized dog Giuseppe. In 2011, Mintz-Plasse appeared in the remake of the 1985 film Fright Night as Evil Ed. Mintz-Plasse currently plays drums for the rock band The Young Rapscallions.
Personal life 
Mintz-Plasse was born in Los Angeles, the son of Ellen Mintz, a school counselor, and Ray Plasse, a mailman, and was raised in West Hills, California. His mother is Jewish and his father is from a Catholic family of French-Canadian and Polish descent. Mintz-Plasse attended El Camino Real High School (2003-07).
|2007||Superbad||Fogell aka McLovin||Nominated - MTV Movie Award for Best Breakthrough Performance|
|2008||Role Models||Augie Farcques|
|2010||How to Train Your Dragon||Fishlegs Ingerman||Voice|
|Kick-Ass||Chris D'Amico/Red Mist||Nominated - Teen Choice Award for Choice Movie Villain
Nominated - Scream Award for Best Supporting Actor
|Legend of the Boneknapper Dragon||Fishlegs Ingerman||Voice
|2011||Fright Night||"Evil" Ed Lee|
|Gift of the Night Fury||Fishlegs Ingerman||Voice
|Book of Dragons||Fishlegs Ingerman||Voice
|2013||Movie 43||Mikey||Segment: "Middleschool Date"|
|This Is the End||Himself||Cameo
|Kick-Ass 2||Chris D'Amico/The Mother Fucker||Completed|
|The To Do List||Duffy||Completed|
|Get a Job||Ethan||Completed|
|2014||How to Train Your Dragon 2||Fishlegs Ingerman||In production
TV Shows 
|2010||Party Down||Kent||Episode: " Steve Guttenberg's Birthday"|
|2012–present||Dragons: Riders of Berk||Fishlegs Ingerman||Voice|
|2013||Friend Me||Evan||Main Role|
Web Shows 
|2007||Wainy Days||Sketchy laborer #2||Episode: "Tough Guy"|
|2012||Funny or Die||Himself||Episodes: "You're So Hot: Part Deux with Dave Franco & Chris Mintz-Plasse "
|The Far Cry Experience||Himself||Main Role|
Music videos 
|2010||"Erase Me"||Kid Cudi||featuring Kanye West|
|"Answer to Yourself"||The Soft Pack|
|2012||"Love is All I Got"||Feed Me and Crystal Fighters|
|2013||"So Good At Being In Trouble"||Unknown Mortal Orchestra|
- O'Neill, Phelim (August 24, 2007). "First sight: Christopher Mintz-Plasse". The Guardian (UK). Retrieved August 24, 2007.
- Stated on The Tonight Show with Jay Leno, 2007
- Stated on MTV's Total Request Live
- "It’s great being a movie star... loads of girls want to hook up with McLovin Matt Meets Christopher Mintz-Plasse". The Sun (London). March 26, 2010. "Since he was only 17 at the time of filming, his mother Ellen Mintz was required by law to be on set during his sex scene."
- "Christopher Mintz-Plasse: Fright Night Remake to be Rated R!". DreadCentral.
- Christopher Mintz-Plasse feels fortunate to be part of DreamWorks' 'Fright Night' remake
- Some "Inspired Fright Night Casting: McLovin and Dr. Who Join the Fray". DreadCentral.
- Abele, Robert (November 6, 2008). "Christopher Mintz-Plasse is everywhere". Los Angeles Times. Retrieved November 8, 2008.
- According to the State of California. California Birth Index, 1905–1995. Center for Health Statistics, California Department of Health Services, Sacramento, California. At Ancestry.com
- Strauss, Bob (June, 2009). "Christopher Mintz-Plasse’s big sacrifice". Cineplex.com. Retrieved April 24, 2010.
- "Jews in the News: Lisa Loeb, Jeremy Piven and Daniela Ruah". Letmypeoplegrow.org. Retrieved 2012-03-11.
- Dwyer, Kelly. "'Famous' Celtics fans take out ad to celebrate team's run". Yahoo!.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to: Christopher Mintz-Plasse|
- Christopher Mintz-Plasse at the Internet Movie Database
- Interview at ARTISTdirect.com
- Video interview