Christopher New is an English author and philosopher who, beginning in 1969, spent many years as head of the philosophy department at The University of Hong Kong. He is the author of a historical novel series, The China Coast Trilogy, which spans most of the twentieth century and deals with the British presence in China. He has also written novels set in India, Egypt and Europe. His novels have been widely translated. He currently divides his time between Asia and Europe.
China Coast Trilogy
- Shanghai. Summit Books. 1985. ISBN 0-671-42197-2.
- The Chinese Box. Soho Press. 2002. ISBN 962-8783-06-8.
- A Change of Flag. Soho Press. 2002. ISBN 962-7160-95-4.
- "The Kaminsky Cure", Saqi. 2005. ISBN 0-86356-531-X
- "The Road to Maridur", Asia2000. 2002. ISBN 962-8783-23-8
- "A Small Place in the Desert", Asia2000. 2004. ISBN 962-8783-34-3
- "Goodbye Chairman Mao", New English Library. 1980. ISBN 0-450-04619-2
- The Philosophy of Literature: An Introduction, Routledge. 1999. ISBN 0-415-14485-X
- A Plea for Linguistics, Mind [date missing]
- Saints, Heroes and Utilitarians, Philosophy [date missing]
- Time and Punishment, Analysis [date missing]
- Punishing Times: Reply to Smilansky, Analysis [date missing]
- A Note on Truth in Fiction, The Journal of Aesthetics and Art Criticism [date missing]
- Antitheism: A Reflection, Ratio [date missing]
|This article about an English writer, poet or playwright is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|