Christopher Nixon Cox
|Christopher Nixon Cox|
March 14, 1979 |
New York, United States
|Residence||Manhattan, New York|
|Alma mater||Princeton University
(magna cum laude)
NYU School of Law
NYU Stern School of Business
Christopher Nixon Cox was born and raised in New York, and currently lives in Manhattan.
He received his undergraduate degree in politics, magna cum laude, from Princeton University. He went on to receive his law degree from NYU School of Law and a certificate in finance from NYU Stern School.
Cox is the son of current New York State GOP Chairman Edward F. Cox and Tricia Nixon Cox, and is a grandson of former President Richard Nixon. On June 4, 2011, Cox married Andrea Catsimatidis, daughter of Gristedes billionaire John Catsimatidis, at the Greek Orthodox Archdiocesan Cathedral of the Holy Trinity on New York's Upper East Side.
Cox served as Senator John McCain’s Executive Director for New York State during the 2008 presidential campaign and is co-founder of the consulting firm, OC Global Partners, LLC where he advises US companies on selling their products in new markets abroad and bringing in capital allowing them to expand their business and grow their workforce in America.
Previously, Cox was a corporate associate at the law firm of Weil, Gotshal & Manges in their New York office where he worked in the Private Equity Group. During his tenure, he advised major private equity fund clients on acquisitions. Cox also worked for the rights of New York State small business owners in Albany on a pro-bono basis.
2010 Congressional election
In 2010 Cox finished third in the Republican primary for the New York's 1st congressional district behind businessman Randy Altschuler and former SEC Enforcement Attorney George Demos. He was endorsed by the Suffolk County 9-12 Project.
Cox was also endorsed by Steve Forbes, State Senate Republican Leader Dean Skelos, Suffolk County Conservative Party First Executive Chairman Bill Fries, and State Senator Marty Golden. Cox was also endorsed by several former contestants in the race, including Gary Berntsen and New York State Assemblyman Mike Fitzpatrick (R - Smithtown).
- "Son born to Nixon daughter". Daytona Beach Morning Journal. March 15, 1979.
- "Chris Cox: Nixon Grandson Running for Congress « Liveshots". Liveshots.blogs.foxnews.com. 2010-01-29. Retrieved 2010-08-23.
- Buckley, Cara (2011-06-16). "Andrea Catsimatidis and Christopher Cox". New York Times. Retrieved 20 June 2011.
- "Christopher Nixon Cox and Andrea Catsimatidis plan lavish New York wedding – 700 guests and top power and political brokers invited". The New York Post. May 23, 2011. Retrieved January 5, 2013.
- Hicks, Jonathan P. (January 29, 2008). "A Nixon Grandson Leads McCain's New York Effort". The New York Times. Retrieved April 30, 2010.
- Strassel, Kimberley A. (2010-08-19). "Kim Strassel: New York's GOP Never Learns - WSJ.com". Online.wsj.com. Retrieved 2010-08-23.
- "The Suffolk County 912 Blog". Suffolk912.com. Retrieved 2010-08-23.
- "Jeb Bush Endorses Chris Cox For Congress". The Suffolk County Republican. 2010-07-21. Retrieved 2010-08-23.
- Haberman, Maggie (2010-07-21). "Jeb Bush for Chris Cox in NY-1 - Maggie Haberman". Politico.Com. Retrieved 2010-08-23.
- Katz, Celeste (2010-07-21). "Jeb Bush Endorses Chris Cox For Congress In NY-1". New York: Nydailynews.com. Retrieved 2010-08-23.
- "Steve Forbes Endorses Chris Cox in NY Congressional Primary".
- "Skelos For Chris Cox".
- "Chris Cox Endorsed for Congress by Suffolk County Conservative Party First Executive Chairman William Fries".
- "Chris Cox Endorsed by NYS Senator Marty Golden (Brooklyn)".
- "Berntsen For Chris Cox, Citing McCain".
- Sunday July 25, 2010 5:38 PM By Dan Janison (2010-07-25). "1st C.D.: Cox hails backing of Assemb. Fitzpatrick in primary". Newsday.com. Retrieved 2010-08-23.