At a local function in 2002
Christopher Ravenscroft (born 1946) is an English actor, best known for his recurring role as DI Mike Burden in The Ruth Rendell Mysteries, the ITV adaptation of Ruth Rendell's Inspector Wexford mysteries.
He was born in Hampstead, London in 1946, and was the star of a number of school plays. He went to London University to study law where he did some more theatre and soon made the choice, he would rather be an actor than a lawyer, and trained at the Bristol Old Vic Theatre School. While working at the Liverpool Playhouse in the early 1970s he met his future wife, Caroline Smith, who was associate director at the time.
- John Halifax, Gentleman (1974) as Edwin
- Coronation Street (1978) as Police Sergeant
- The Fourth Arm (1983) as Kuper
- Twelfth Night (1988) as Orsino
- The Ruth Rendell Mysteries (1987-2000) as Det. Insp. Mike Burden
- Midsomer Murders (2002) as Dr. Rupert Bradshaw
- The Courtroom (2004) as Tim Portland
- The Shell Seekers (2006) as Colonel Mellaby
- Henry V (1989) as Mountjoy
- Tom and Thomas (2002) as Frederick Lord
- The Football Factory (2004) as Tamara's Father
- The Life and Adventures of Nicholas Nickleby An RSC production that was also recorded on DVD. (1981-2)
- The Woman in Black At the Apollo theatre London. (2001-2)
- Educating Rita (2003)
- The Tempest in which he played Prospero, Liverpool Playhouse (2005)
- Bedroom Farce (2009) West Yorkshire Playhouse
- Alison's House (2009) Orange Tree Theatre
- Comedy of Errors (2010) Open Air Theatre, Regent's Park
- The Winslow Boy (2012) in which he played Arthur Winslow. Various theatres.
- Good Grief (2012) in which he played 'The Suit', Kings Theatre, Edinburgh and various other theatres.
- Christopher Ravenscroft at the Internet Movie Database
- Christopher Ravenscroft at the Internet Broadway Database