|Member of Virginia House of Burgesses|
|Residence||Isle of Wight, Virginia|
|Occupation||Land manager (farmer)|
He arrived in the Virginia Colony along with several family members, including his brother Thomas, in 1622 aboard the John & Francis. His party settled in Warrascoyack County, Virginia, later named Isle of Wight County.
Eleven years old when he arrived, he was an indentured servant of Edward Bennett's Plantation, where he was still living in 1625. In 1626 he was documented in a legal dispute concerning the contract of other servants on the Bennett homestead.
Although there are many references to the information above, there are many who question the parents of Christopher being George and Thomasyn. After much research, the Reynolds Family Association does not accept this as fact. There are two very well written and referenced articles to be found at: http://www.reynoldsfamily.org/line17/chris_4.html and http://www.genfiles.com/reynolds/Reynoldschron1622-1699.htm that cast serious doubt on the accuracy of the conclusions of the writers of the sources quoted for this information.
By 1636, he had settled on 450 acres (180 ha) in what had eventually became Isle of Wight County near Pagan Creek. He had married Elizabeth, a widow with two children. They raised seven children, several who were mentioned in his will in 1654: son Christopher, son John, son Richard, daughter Abbasha, daughter Elizabeth, daughter Jane, stepson George Rivers, unnamed (unborn son Thomas, born 1655).
In 1652, he was elected to the Virginia House of Burgesses.
- The sons of Lars: a genealogy of the Larson and Smith families of southwest Missouri. Jerry Laverne Larson. J.L. Larson, 1987. p. 210
- [Lineage book, Volume 22. Daughters of the American Colonists. The Daughters, 1977. p. 64
- The Rennolds-Reynolds family of England and Virginia, 1530-1948. Stephen Frederick Tillman. 1948. p. 46
- "Virginia immigrants and adventurers, 1607-1635: a biographical dictionary", Martha W. McCartney. Genealogical Publishing Com, 2007. p. 597
- "1607 - 1660", Peter Wilson Coldham. Genealogical Publishing Com, 1988. p. 62
- Historical Southern families, Volume 2. John Bennett Boddie. Genealogical Pub. Co. p. 201
- "Seventeenth Century Isle of Wight County, Virginia: A history of the County of Isle of Wight, Virginia, during the seventeenth century, including abstracts of the county records" John Bennett Boddie. Heritage Books. ISBN 0-7884-4399-2, ISBN 978-0-7884-4399-2. p. 521
- "The Rennolds-Reynolds Family of England and Virginia, 1530-1948. Stephen Frederick Tillman, op. cit. p. 46
- Christopher Reynolds. "Isle of Wight Wills and Deeds Book A". Richmond, VA. pp. 46-48
"Isle of Wight Wills and Deeds Book A"
- Baird, Robert W. "Reynolds Citations 1622-1699"