Christopher Schreiner at Bryant Park
|Birth name||Christopher Andrew Schreiner|
16 February 1983 |
Norwalk, Connecticut, United States
|Genres||Blues-rock, jazz fusion, instrumental rock, Avant-Garde|
|D'Pergo JK Classic|
Guitar International said that “Schreiner’s guitar work blends together modern rock-fusion elements with bluesy, jazz based harmonies and melodic material. Songs like “Icarus” draw up images of Vai, Satriani, Holdsworth, Metheny and Scott Henderson, with just enough Malmsteeneqsue sweep picking to keep shred heads happy, an homage to the diversity in Schreiner’s playing and in his musical influences. Overall Schreiner’s guitar playing is sophisticated, energetic and aurally stimulating…”.
Schreiner released his debut album Only Human, in September 2008. The track "Icarus" earned him a spot as one of ten finalists for Guitar Player Magazine’s Guitar Superstar Competition in 2008 at the Great American Music Hall.
In 2011 Schreiner joined the rock band Madison Rising. Led by Navy veternal Dave Bray, the band released their self-titled album in 2011. The pro-American patriotic band, named in honor of founding father and author of the federalist papers James Madison, made headlines when denied the permit to perform at Zuccoti park in New York City during the occupy Wall St. protests. Madison Rising did perform for protesters at an Occupy Congress event on January 19, 2012. Lead vocalist Dave Bray said of the performance;
"It wasn't like we're trying to punk them," said Bray. "It was more like, 'This is what we're about. Have a listen.'" 
Other Notable Appearances
Los Angeles Music Awards: Instrumental Artist of the Year - nominee 2009
Los Angeles Music Awards: Instrumental Artist of the Year – nominee 2010 
Muse’s Muse Editors Choice Award: Best Instrumental – winner - An Interlude In Bléu 2009 
Malibu Music Awards: Best Instrumental winner – Icarus 2009 
Mid Atlantic Songwriting Competition – Honorable Mention – Icarus 2009
Guitar Player Magazine Guitar Superstar Competition: finalist 2008 
Urban Music Award: America’s Next Urban Superstar – finalist 2009 
Only Human – 2008 
Compilations Mahavishnu Re Defined Vol. 2 - 2010 
- Fusilli, Jim (2008-09-16). "A Guitar Contest With a Winning Surprise". The Wall Street Journal.
- "the guy : "Icarus" (mp3)". Perfect Porridge. 2009-02-24.
- "The Guy Only Human Album Review". Guitar International. 2010-02-11.
- "Instrumental Guitarist & Talented Artist". Musical Escapades. 2008-10-10.
- "Madison Rising".
- "Madison Rising Official Website".
- "Madison Rising Plays Occupy Congress".
- "For The Record: Madison Rising Rocks".
- "Madison Rising Bring Message of Unity to Occupy Movement".
- "'Occupy Congress' is serenaded by right-leaning band".
- "Berklee Alum Notes". Berklee College of Music. 2010-02-07.
- "Bogner Featured USA Artists". Bogner Amplification. 2008-04-07.
- "JAM Pedals Featured USA Artists". JAM Pedals. 2008-04-07.
- "Alpha-Bits Cereal". Post Cereal. 1994-06-14.
- "Los Angeles Music Awards 2010". LA Music Awards. 2010-03-08.
- "Muse's Muse Awards". Muse's Muse. 2009-11-09.
- "Malibu Music Awards". Malibu Music Awards. 2009-09-09.
- Guitar Player Magazine Superstar Competition Finalist 2008.
- "Urban Music Awards". Urban Music Awards 2009. 2009-07-18.
- "the guy Only Human Album". Only Human. 2008-08-12.
- "ESC Records". MAHAVISHNU RE-DEFINED II. 2010-04-22.