Christopher Scott (choreographer)
September 20, 1983 |
Takoma Park, Maryland
|Occupation||Actor, Dancer, Choreographer|
Christopher Scott (born September 20, 1983) is an American actor, dancer, and choreographer.
Scott was born in Takoma Park Maryland, and grew up in Wheaton, Maryland. At the age of 14, he moved with his family to Hollywood, California, and entered the 9th grade at Hollywood High School. He applied and was accepted into the performing arts magnet program.
Scott has appeared as an actor and dancer in several movies including his most notable role as "Hair" in Step Up 2 The Streets, Step Up 3D, Step Up Revolution, and Step Up All In. He has also garnered a number of notable credits as a choreographer including the 82nd Academy Awards, Lemonade Mouth, Teen Beach Movie, and So You Think You Can Dance, season 8.
In 2009, Scott teamed up with Harry Shum, Jr. to choreograph the super hero inspired web series The Legion of Extraordinary Dancers, aka The LXD. An experiment in storytelling through dance, the series is the brainchild of writer/director/producer Jon Chu.  
Scott also appears in the LXD as "Copeland" a dancer with extraordinary tap dancing skills who is haunted by a painful past. In his quest to overcome and eradicate his personal demons, "Copeland" begrudgingly joins the LXD.
In 2012, Scott received Emmy nominations for two routines, "Misty Blue" - Dorothy Moore and "Velocity" - Nathan Lanier, which aired on Season 8 of SYTYCD season 8.  "Misty Blue" is a hip-hop duet performed by Sasha Mallory and Stephen "tWitch" Boss, and "Velocity" is a Hip Hop/Contemporary routine performed by SYTYCD Top 10 Guys.
|2007||Alvin and the Chipmunks||Dancer|
|2008||Step Up 2: The Streets||Hair|
|2008||Ely Stone||Dancer||TV Series|
|2009||17 Again||Hammer Dancer #2|
|2009||Dance Flick||Megan's Crew #4|
|2010||Step Up 3D||Hair|
|2010||The LXD||Copeland||TV Series|
|2012||Step Up Revolution||Hair (uncredited)|
- "IMDB Profile". The Internet Movie Database.
- "IMDB Profile". The Internet Movie Database. Retrieved 17 June 2011.
- "Lemonade Mouth". Disney Channel Media Net.
- Gorman, Bill. ""Lemonade Mouth" Premieres Friday, April 15 on Disney Channel". TV By The Numbers. Retrieved April 11, 2011.
- "Walt Disney Records' Lemonade Mouth Soundtrack Debuts in the Top 5 on the Billboard 200". PR Newswire. Retrieved April 27, 2011.
- "Who Made The 'SYTYCD' Top 20?". cnn.com. Retrieved June 10, 2011.
- Bloom, Julie (June 25, 2010). "It's A Bird! It's A Plane! No, It's A Superdancer". The New York Times. Retrieved June 25, 2010.
- Sniderman, Zachary. "Why Hulu's New Dance Show Is A Game Changer". mashable.com. Retrieved June 23, 2011.
- "The LXD: In the Internet age, dance evolves ...". TED Talks. Retrieved June 23, 2011.
- "So You Think You Can Dance Episode Recaps". FOX Broadcasting. Retrieved June 23, 2011.
- "Emmy Nominations 2012:The Complete List". latimes.com. Retrieved August 8, 2012.