Christopher (Chris) Tavarez (born November 7, 1992, Atlanta, Georgia) is an American actor, model and athlete. After modeling as a young child, his parents were encouraged by scouts to pursue the world of acting for their son.  His first Television appearance was on the Discovery Kids reality show, Endurance. He appeared on the 4th season when he was 12 (making him the youngest contestant on the show) in the show, he made himself seem like a huge threat, which other contestants took seriously, although he was eliminated after the first elimination. Chris's talent was quickly recognized by talent agent, Joy Pervis, who also discovered child stars Dakota Fanning, Kyle Massey, and Lucas Till. He stayed busy working in the Atlanta market booking commercials, print, television, and films. Chris has been cast in several movies, including Big Momma's House 2, and he has a recurring role on Tyler Perry's television series, Meet the Browns. Chris's big break came when he was cast for the lead role of Lance in the Disney Channel Original Movie, Avalon High. 
Chris is the safety and captain of his football team at Westlake High School in Atlanta, Georgia. He has been scouted and has more than seven Division I scholarships to colleges such as Duke, Tulane, Maryland, and Vanderbilt. In August 2010 Tavarez committed to play football for Duke University.
- Christopher Tavarez on IMDB, retrieved July 23, 2010
- modOration Exclusive: Interview with Chris Tavarez from ‘Avalon High’, retrieved August 2, 2010
- "Atlanta-Area Teen To Be Featured On Reality Competition Series Airing Nationally". Atlanta Inquirer. 2005-10-01. Retrieved 2010-07-31.
- Chris Tavarez Interview, retrieved July 23, 2010
- Gregg Sulkin "Avalon High", May 4, 2010, retrieved July 23, 2010
- Chris Tavarez to Appear in Avalon High, July 26, 2010, retrieved July 26, 2010
- Vaught, Larry (July 13, 2010), "UK Football: Atlanta recruit balancing scholarship offers, acting career", The Advocate-Messenger, retrieved July 23, 2010
- Rivals.com: Chris Tavarez, retrieved July 23, 2010