Dr. Christopher Tufton is a Jamaican politician. A member of the opposition Jamaica Labour Party, he served as the Minister of Industry, Investment and Commerce from July 2011 to December 2011, having previously served as the Minister of Agriculture and Fisheries since 2007. Tufton served as the Member of Parliament for parliamentary consistuency St. Elizabeth South Western from 2007 up until his defeat in 2011. He was the president of the Generation 2000 and a lecturer in the Department of Management Studies, UWI, Mona. In 2011 Tufton lost his seat to his PNP counterpart Hugh Buchanan.
- "Ministers and Ministries" (PDF). Jamaica Information Service. November 2009. Retrieved 25 January 2010.
- "Jamaica Election 2007 Results - Provided by Jamaica Elections". Jamaica Gleaner. September 2007. Retrieved 25 April 2012.
- "Jamaica Election 2011 Results - Provided by Jamaica Elections". Jamaica Gleaner. December 2011. Retrieved 25 April 2012.
- Hon. Dr. Christopher Tufton – Minister of Agriculture and Fisheries
- JLP Candidates and MP's: Dr. Christopher Tufton
Dr. Tufton is also a prominent talk show host, columnist and sits on the boards of several local companies.
Education Doctorate in Business Administration (DBA) from the Manchester Business School, Manchester, United Kingdom . Masters Degree in Marketing, School of Business, Georgia State University, Atlanta, Georgia, U.S.A . BSc Management Studies, Department of Management Studies, University of the West Indies, Kingston, Jamaica W.I.
Dr. Tufton is married to Neadene Shields-Tufton with three children: Charles, Kimberly and Adam.
|This article about a Jamaican politician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|