He's Professor Emeritus of Philosophy at the Panteion University of Social and Political Sciences, Athens. He studied Theology at the University of Athens and Philosophy at the Universities of Bonn (Germany) and Paris (France). He is a Ph.D of the Faculty of Theology of the Aristotle University of Thessaloniki (Greece). He is also a Ph.D at the Faculté des Lettres et Sciences Humaines of the University of Sorbonne (Paris). He has been nominated Doctor of Philosophy, honoris causa, at the University of Belgrade and also at the St. Vladimir's Seminary, New York and the Holy Cross School, Boston; Visiting Professor at the Universities of Paris (the Catholic Faculty), Geneva, Lausanne and Crete; Professor of Philosophy at the Panteion University of Social and Political Sciences in Athens, from 1982 to 2002; and elected member of the Hellenic Authors' Society.
The main volume of Professor Yannaras' work represents a long course on study and research of the differences between the Greek and Western European philosophy and tradition. Differences that are not limited at the level of theory only, but also define a mode (praxis) of life.
- In English
- Against Religion: The Alienation of the Ecclesial Event, H.C. Press (Brookline, MA), 2013 [ISBN 978-1935317401]
- The Enigma of Evil, H.C. Press (Brookline, MA), 2012 [ISBN: 978-1935317289]
- Relational Ontology, H.C. Press (Brookline, MA), 2011 [ISBN 978-1935317197]
- The Meaning of Reality: Essays on Existence and Communion, Eros and History. Sebastian Press (Los Angeles), 2011 [ISBN 978-1936773039]
- Person and Eros, H.C. Press (Brookline, MA), 2008 (ISBN 978-1-885652-88-1)
- Orthodoxy and the West, H.C. Press (Brookline, MA), 2006 (ISBN 1-885652-81-X)
- Variations on the Song of Songs, H.C. Press (Brookline, MA), 2005 (ISBN 1-885652-82-8)
- Postmodern Metaphysics, H.C. Press (Brookline, MA), 2004 (ISBN 1-885652-80-1) read the table of contents
- On the Absence and Unknowability of God: Heidegger and the Areopagite, London (Continuum, 2005) (ISBN 0-567-08806-5)
- Elements of Faith, Edinburgh (T&T Clark), 1991 (ISBN 0-567-29190-1)
- The Freedom of Morality, New York (SVP), 1984 (ISBN 0-88141-028-4)
- A few elements of the above page have been retrieved from http://www.orthodoxwiki.org/Christos_Yannaras
- Christos Yannaras in the Saint Pachomius Library
- "Pietism as an Ecclesiological Heresy" (Chapter 8 of The Freedom of Morality)
- "The Ethos of Liturgical Art" (Chapter 12 of The Freedom of Morality)
- "The inhuman character of human rights" (synopsis in English of the homonymous Greek book, published by Domos, Athens 1998)
- Yannaras' lecture on "Human rights and the Orthodox Church"
- "Towards a New Ecumenism"
- "A Note on Political Theory" (St. Vladimir's Theological Quarterly, 27:1 (1983), pp. 53–56)
- "The Distinction Between Essence and Energies and its Importance for Theology" Athens, February, 1975. Translated from the Greek by Rev. Peter Chamberas
- Read the chapter "Cantus Firmus" from the "Variations of the song of songs" in Greek" or in English
- Free PDFs of some of Christos Yannaras's writings
- The first chapter of the author's book "Orthodoxy and West in Modern Greece" (in Greek), and a collection of numerous articles also in Greek
- "The Theology of personhood, a study of the thought of Christos Yannaras", a review of the book published afterwards under the title "Person and Eros". By R.D. WILLIAMS (now, Archbishop of Canterbury), journal "Sobornost" No.6, Winter 1972, pp. 415–430
- A review of Elements of Faith given by Reader Nicholas Franck