Canyon at the F.O.X.E. Awards in February 2006
June 17, 1966 |
Pasadena, California, United States
|Other names||Christie Canyon, Cristy Canyon, Missy, Tara White, Sara Wine, Tara Wine, Linda Daniel, DeeDee|
|Height||5 ft 7 in (1.70 m)|
|Weight||130 lb (59 kg; 9.3 st)|
|No. of adult films||119 (+139 compilations)|
Canyon has performed in over 100 adult films and effectively "retired" from performing in-front-of-the-camera three times, as she shot films from September 1984 to March 1985; June 1989 to December 1992; and, 1995 to 1997 (as an exclusive/contract performer for Vivid).
In her autobiography, Canyon stated that porn actor Greg Rome approached her while she was waiting for a ride in Hollywood, and told her that she would be a terrific figure model. He gave her the business card of adult magazine and film recruiter/agent Jim South, of World Modeling Agency. After visiting South's office she posed for men's magazines and began her video career shortly thereafter. She has stated that her first on-screen performance was with Ron Jeremy in 1984's "Swedish Erotica 57," and that Jeremy soon became a close friend in the business.
In a 2005 interview on Taylor Wane's radio show, Canyon stated that on-camera she had protected sex (with condoms) with all of her male co-stars during her time with Vivid Entertainment in the mid-1990s.
From 2005 to March 2011 she was co-host of Sirius XM Satellite Radio's Playboy Radio show Night Calls. As of April 2011 she became co-host of Sirius XM Satellite Radio's Spice Sex Circus with Ginger Lynn and sole host of Sirius XM Satellite Radio's weekly Legends of Porn. She was co-host of Radio Sex You Porn on Sirius/XM Channel 102, until October 2013 when the channel went off the air. Since December 2013, she is now host of the Christy Canyon Show on Vivid Radio on Sirius/XM Channel 102.
Canyon is retired from performing in adult films and dancing on the road, but she still has an adult-related career, concentrating on her web site, working as a host for Vivid Radio and selling merchandise on eBay and ABIBIDS. In 2003, she published her autobiography: Lights, Camera, Sex (ISBN 0-9727470-0-1), which is still in print. In November 2005, she appeared as a judge on the first season of Jenna's American Sex Star.
Canyon is also one of twenty-five women of the golden era of adult films featured in author Jill C. Nelson's 2012 book Golden Goddesses: 25 Legendary Women of Classic Erotic Cinema, 1968-1985, published by BearManor Media.
- 1991 F.O.X.E. Female Fan Favorite
- 1992 F.O.X.E. Female Fan Favorite
- 1996 AVN Best Tease Performance for Comeback
- 1997 AVN Best Group Scene - Film for The Show
- AVN Hall of Fame
- XRCO Hall of Fame
- Legends of Erotica Hall of Fame
- 2004 Free Speech Coalition Lifetime Achievement Award 
- I Like To Be Watched (1984)
- Hollywood Starlets (1985)
- Educating Mandy (1985)
- Black Throat (1985)
- Holly Does Hollywood (1985)
- Star 90 (1990)
- Passages 1-4 (1991)
- Comeback (1995)
- Oral Addiction (1996)
- Domination Nation 1 and 2 (both 1997)
- The Top 25 Adult Stars of All Time (1999
- Canyon, Christy (2004). Lights, Camera, Sex!. Canyon Publishing. p. 34. ISBN 978-0-9727470-0-4. "June 17th, 1984. I woke up alone on my eighteenth birthday."
- "Christy Canyon - biography filmography". iafd.com. Retrieved 2013-11-30.
- Canyon, Christy (2004). Lights, Camera, Sex!. p. 23.
- Christy Canyon & Taylor Wane Swap Guy Yarns
- "Playboy Radio". Archived from the original on Mar 26, 2006. Retrieved 2008-05-04.
- "Night Calls". Dogstar Radio. Retrieved 2008-06-19.
- Spice Radio
- Staff. "Porn: When the Camera Stops". ABC News via YouTube. Retrieved 29 January 2014.
- "Lyrics for "Heaven Is" on the official OMD website". Retrieved 2008-03-28.
- by Jill C. Nelson. Golden Goddesses: 25 Legendary Women of Classic Erotic Cinema, 1968-1985 (First edition ed.). BearManor Media. ISBN 9781593932985.
- Modesti, Kevin (14 February 2009). "For Vivid Celebration, A Star Is Porn Again". Los Angeles Daily News. Retrieved 31 December 2013.
- "Adult Video Awards". CanBest.com. Archived from the original on Feb 5, 2003. Retrieved Dec 23, 2007.
- "Past AVN Award Winners". Archived from the original on Jan 27, 2012. Retrieved 2007-12-23.
- "AVN Hall of Fame". Archived from the original on October 11, 2007. Retrieved 2007-12-23.
- "XRCO Hall of Fame". Retrieved 2007-12-23.
- "Legends of Erotica". Retrieved 2008-09-21.
- "Sex and Free Speech, Renaissance Style". Retrieved 2009-10-14.
- Dupin, Aurore (May 22, 2000). "Christy Canyon Biography". LukeIsBack.com. Archived from the original on February 6, 2010.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Christy Canyon.|