Canyon at the FOXE Awards in February 2006
June 17, 1966 |
Pasadena, California, United States
|Other names||Christie Canyon, Cristy Canyon, Missy, Tara White, Sara Wine, Tara Wine, Linda Daniel, DeeDee|
|Height||5 ft 7 in (1.70 m)|
|Weight||130 lb (59 kg; 9.3 st)|
Adult film career
Canyon was born in California to an Armenian-American father and an Italian-American mother. She appeared in nearly 200 adult films, won several "best female performance"-type awards, and is a member of both the XRCO and AVN Halls of Fame. She effectively "retired" from performing in-front-of-the-camera three times, as she shot films from September 1984 to March 1985; June 1989 to December 1992; and, 1995 to 1997 (as an exclusive/contract performer for Vivid). In her autobiography, Canyon stated that porn actor Greg Rome approached her while she was waiting for a ride in Hollywood, and told her that she would be a terrific figure model. He gave her the business card of adult magazine and film recruiter/agent Jim South, of World Modeling Agency. After visiting South's office she posed for men's magazines and began her video career shortly thereafter. She has stated that her first on-screen performance was with Ron Jeremy in 1984's "Swedish Erotica 57," and that Jeremy soon became a close friend in the business. The music group Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark mentions Canyon in the song "Heaven Is" from 1993's Liberator. The lyrics are: "Heaven is Christy Canyon falling in love with me."  In a 2005 interview on Taylor Wane's radio show, Canyon stated that although on-camera she had protected sex (with condoms) with all of her male co-stars during her time with Vivid Entertainment in the mid-1990s, this was not something she practiced in her private life. Canyon stated that she engaged in unprotected sex with each of her male co-stars off camera, prior to their filmed sex scenes. Christy Canyon also stated in a radio interview that she got pregnant by fellow porn actor Jon Dough. In her personal life, Canyon has dated directors John Frankenheimer and Adam Rifkin. From 2005 to March 2011 she was co-host of Sirius XM Satellite Radio's Playboy Radio show Night Calls. As of April 2011 she became co-host of Sirius XM Satellite Radio's Spice Sex Circus with Ginger Lynn and sole host of Sirius XM Satellite Radio's weekly Legends of Porn. She is now co-host of Radio Sex You Porn on Sirius/XM Channel 102
- I Like To Be Watched (1984)
- Hollywood Starlets (1985)
- Educating Mandy (1985)
- Black Throat (1985)
- Holly Does Hollywood (1985)
- Star 90 (1990)
- Passages 1-4 incl Peter North (1991)
- Comeback (1995)
- Oral Addiction (1996)
- Domination Nation 1 and 2 (both 1997)
- The Top 25 Adult Stars of All Time (1999)
Canyon is retired from performing in adult films and dancing on the road, but she still has an adult-related career, concentrating on her web site, working as a host for Sex Radio and selling merchandise on eBay and ABIBIDS. In 2003, she published her autobiography: Lights, Camera, Sex (ISBN 0-9727470-0-1), which is still in print. In November 2005, she appeared as a judge on the first season of Jenna's American Sex Star.
Canyon is also one of twenty-five women of the golden era of adult films featured in the 2012 book, by author Jill C. Nelson, entitled: Golden Goddesses: 25 Legendary Women of Classic Erotic Cinema, 1968-1985, published by BearManor Media.
- 1991 F.O.X.E Female Fan Favorite
- 1992 F.O.X.E Female Fan Favorite
- 1996 AVN Best Tease Performance for Comeback
- 1997 AVN Best Group Scene - Film for The Show
- AVN Hall of Fame
- XRCO Hall of Fame
- 2004 Free Speech Coalition Lifetime Achievement Award 
- Canyon, Christy (2004). Lights, Camera, Sex!. Canyon Publishing. p. 34. ISBN 978-0-9727470-0-4. "June 17th, 1984. I woke up alone on my eighteenth birthday."
- "christy canyon - biography filmography - iafd.com". iafd.com. 1966-06-17. Retrieved 2013-11-30.
- Canyon, Christy (2004). Lights, Camera, Sex!. p. 23.
- "Lyrics for "Heaven Is" on the official OMD website". Retrieved 2008-03-28.
- Christy Canyon & Taylor Wane Swap Guy Yarns
- Christy Canyon: I Bent Over and Something Made Its Way Down There
- "Playboy Radio". Retrieved 2008-05-04.[dead link]
- "Night Calls". Dogstar Radio. Retrieved 2008-06-19.
- Spice Radio
- by Jill C. Nelson. Golden Goddesses: 25 Legendary Women of Classic Erotic Cinema, 1968-1985 (First edition ed.). BearManor Media. ISBN 9781593932985.
- "Adult Video Awards", CanBest.com. Retrieved December 23, 2007.
- "Past AVN Award Winners". Retrieved 2007-12-23.[dead link]
- "AVN Hall of Fame". Archived from the original on October 11 2007. Retrieved 2007-12-23.
- "XRCO Hall of Fame". Retrieved 2007-12-23.
- "Sex and Free Speech, Renaissance Style". Retrieved 2009-10-14.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Christy Canyon.|
- Official website
- Christy Canyon on Twitter
- Christy Canyon at the Internet Movie Database
- Christy Canyon at the Internet Adult Film Database
- Christy Canyon at the Adult Film Database
- Dupin, Aurore (May 22 2000). "Christy Canyon Biography". LukeIsBack.com. Archived from the original on February 6 2010.