August 30, 1972 |
Los Angeles, California
|Education||Southern Methodist University|
Christy Lemire (born August 30, 1972) is a film critic formerly with the Associated Press (AP) and Ebert Presents at the Movies. She also co-hosts the weekly online movie review show, What The Flick?!.
Lemire started writing film reviews for the AP in 1999 and moved to New York in 2000 as a general entertainment reporter. In 2004, she became the AP's first full-time film critic. In addition to her print work, Lemire has appeared on television shows including the Today Show and Good Morning America.
In 2003, she was a guest co-host on The View. Lemire made headlines when she and co-host Meredith Vieira shared a kiss in response to the Madonna and Britney Spears kiss at the MTV Video Music Awards.
Lemire was ranked number 93 on the "Independent Critics List of the 100 Most Beautiful Faces of 2008".
Lemire made several appearances substituting for film critic Roger Ebert on At the Movies. When Ebert created his new film review program for public television, Ebert Presents: At The Movies, Lemire was selected as co-host of the program along with film critic Ignatiy Vishnevetsky. Ebert Presents: at the Movies aired for a single season in 2011.
A Los Angeles native, Lemire grew up in Woodland Hills. She is a 1993 graduate of Southern Methodist University with a degree in journalism. She lives in Los Angeles with her husband Chris Lemire, a television producer, and son Nicolas, born in November 2009. She has described herself as a "lapsed Catholic".
||This article uses bare URLs for citations, which may be threatened by link rot. (July 2014)|
- "Reasons For 2 AP Film Critics Resignations". Deadline.com. May 13, 2013.
- Ward, Pat. "At The Movies With SMU Alumna Christy Lemire". SMU Magazine. Retrieved 25 May 2013.
- "What the Flick?!".
- "Panelists & Special Guests 2010". ebertfest.com. Retrieved 25 May 2013.
- "Meet the Critics". Los Angeles Film Critics Association. Retrieved 25 May 2013.
- Lemire, Christy (September 5, 2003). "'The View' joins celebrity kissing saga". USA Today.
- "'The View's' Lip Shtick". Fox News. December 1, 2011.
- "Independent Critics List of the 100 Most Beautiful Faces of 2008". Retrieved 25 December 2008.
- Channick, Robert (November 8, 2011). "Roger Ebert may cancel 'At the Movies' due to lack of funding". Chicago Tribune. Retrieved 25 May 2013.
- Lemire, Christy (January 26, 2010). "Baby Mama: Film critic takes son to the theater". Boston.com. Retrieved 25 May 2013.