|Born||1955 (age 58–59)[note]|
|Known for||Walton family fortune, philanthropy|
|Net worth||US$39.9 billion (2013)|
|Spouse(s)||John T. Walton (deceased)|
|Relatives||Sam Walton (father-in-law)|
Christy Ruth Walton (born 1955)[note] is the widow of John T. Walton, one of the sons of Sam Walton, the founder of Wal-Mart. After John's death in June 2005, she inherited his fortune of US$18.2 billion.
According to Forbes, she is the 6th richest person in the United States, and the 10th richest person in the world, as of November 2013[update]. Forbes reported that she was the richest woman in the world for seven years running, and still held the title in November 2013. As of November 2013[update], she and her family (not including her two brothers-in-law and a sister-in-law) had an estimated net worth of $39.9 billion, the bulk of which comes from her shares in Wal-Mart, but also from First Solar, in which her husband invested. She resides in Jackson, Wyoming and has one son, Lukas. As of November 2013, Christy Walton was listed as the 9th richest person in the world.
Profiled by Condé Nast Portfolio magazine in The Giving Index, she is ranked as the highest female philanthropist according to the amount she gives as a percentage of her wealth. At a then estimated $16.3 billion net worth, she contributed a total of $3.5 million cumulatively between 2002 and 2006.
Non-profit organizations in which Walton is actively serving include the national association of trustees and staff, corporate giving officers, and individual donors – The Philanthropy Roundtable. The San Diego Natural History Museum where she is a board member, as well as the San Diego Zoological Society and the Mingei International Museum are also institutions to which she makes donations. In 2006, Walton also donated her own old Victorian home to the International Community Foundation – Center for Cross-Border Philanthropy, which was built in 1896 for former National City, California postmaster Oliver Noyes and is of historical significance. Since her donation, she has endowed $4 million towards the edifice's preservation.
Additionally, she supports her family's own charitable foundation, the Walton Family Charitable Support Foundation, which prioritizes education and benefits colleges such as the University of Arkansas, the College of Business Administration of the University of Arkansas, and several other colleges, community trusts, universities and foundations. In 2007, her family's foundation donated as much as $1.6 billion.
Fake Emails started flooding all over the world in the name of Mrs. Christy Walton asking people to give out their information so that she can donate her wealth in charity.
- Walton family Net worth $136.2B
- 1.^ Christy Walton was born in 1955 - Forbes listed her age as 55 in March 2011 and 56 in September 2011.
- "The World's Billionaires (2013): No. 12 Christy Walton & family". Forbes. September 2013. Retrieved December 1, 2013. "Net worth: $35.4 billion"
- "Forbes 400 Richest Americans: No. 6 Christy Walton". Forbes. Retrieved December 1, 20132.
- "Bloomberg Billionaires Index (2013): No. 12 Christy Walton & family". Bloomberg. November 29, 2013. Retrieved December 1, 2013. "Net worth: $39.9 billion"
- "WalMart heir dies in plane crash". Fox-News. June 2005. Retrieved 1 December 2013.
- "Bloomberg Billionares Index". Bloomberg LP. Retrieved December 1, 2013.
- Christy Walton. Faces of Philanthropy, accessed December 15, 2010.
-  Email scam making use of Mrs.Christy Walton's Name