Chroma is a one act contemporary ballet, created by Wayne McGregor for the Royal Ballet. The ballet received its premiere at the Royal Opera House, Covent Garden, on 17 November 2006. The ballet is performed to a combination of original music by Joby Talbot and arrangements of music by Jack White of the White Stripes, with orchestrations by Christopher Austin. The ballet was a great success, achieving a number of notable award nominations.
Awards and nominations
- 2007 - Critics' Circle National Dance Awards - Best Choreography (Classical) (Won)
- 2007 - Laurence Olivier Awards - Best New Dance Production (Won) 
- 2007 - Laurence Olivier Awards - Outstanding Achievement In Dance (Wayne McGregor nominated)
- 2007 - Laurence Olivier Awards - Outstanding Achievement In Dance (Steven McRae nominated)
- 2007 - South Bank Show Awards - Dance (Won) 
- "Royal Opera House Collections Online - Chroma". Retrieved 7 November 2009.
- "Official London Theatre Guide - Olivier Winners 2007". 23 April 2008. Retrieved 7 November 2009.
- "South Bank awards honour The Who". BBC News. 23 January 2007. Retrieved 30 April 2010.
|This dance-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|