From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up chromatic in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Chromatic, a word ultimately derived from the Greek noun χρῶμα (khrṓma), which means "complexion" or "color", and then from the Greek adjective χρωματικός (khrōmatikós; "colored"), may refer to:
- Chromatic scale, the western-tempered twelve-tone scale
- Chromatic chord, chords built from tones chromatically altered from the native scale of the musical composition
- Chromaticism, the use of chromatic scales, chords, and modulations
- Total chromatic, the use of all twelve pitches of the chromatic scale in tonal music
- Chromatic fantasia, a specific form of fantasia originating in sixteenth century Europe
- The Chromatic button accordion
- The chromatic harmonica
- Chromatic genus, a genus of divisions of the tetrachord characterized by an upper interval of a minor third
- Diatonic and chromatic, as a property of several structures, genres, and other features in music, often contrasted with diatonic
- Chromatics (band), an American electronic music band
In optics, vision, and color
- Colorimetry, the science of color is sometimes called chromatics.
- Chromaticity, the quality of a color as determined by its "purity" and dominant wavelength.
- Chromatic aberration, departures from perfect imaging in optics systems due to dispersion.
- Chromatic dispersion, the dispersion of light due to differing refraction index for different wavelengths.
- RG Chromaticity, a two-dimensional color space in which there is no color intensity information.
- Chromatic adaptation, the ability for some organisms to perceive objects similarly in varying lighting conditions.
- Chromatic polynomial, a polynomial which encodes the number of different ways to vertex color the graph using n colors.
- Chromatic numbering.
- Chromatic index.
- Acyclic chromatic number.
- Strong chromatic number.
- Fractional chromatic number.
- Vertex chromatic number.
- Von Luschan's chromatic scale, a method for classifying skin color.
- Chromatic dragon - in Dungeons & Dragons
- chromatic (programmer) - a Perl programmer and writer
- chromatic, of biological material, the ability to take up staining
- Chromatics (graphics), a manufacturer of color graphics display systems
In Ancient Greek and Byzantine music
In optics, vision and color
- International Commission on Illumination, the international authority on light, illumination, colour, and colour spaces.
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.