Jack Stapleton and Laurie Montgomery series
Cover to the 1992 novel Contagion
|Media type||Print (Hardback, Paperback), E-book, audiobook|
The Jack Stapleton and Laurie Montgomery series is an ongoing series of New York Times Bestselling medical thrillers by Robin Cook that follows pathologist Jack Stapleton and his co-worker (and later wife) Laurie Montgomery as they attempt to solve the various mysteries that come across their path.
The series follows Jack Stapleton, a medical examiner and pathologist who spends most of his free time focusing on various medical cases in order to avoid having to think about the deaths of his wife and child. He teams up with his co-worker and fellow pathologist Laurie Montgomery in order to solve various crimes, with the two eventually falling in love and marrying. Laurie was earlier in a relationship with Lou, a police officer and Jack and Laurie's mutual friend.
- Blindsight (1992)
- Contagion (1995)
- Chromosome 6 (1997)
- Vector (1999)
- Marker (2005)
- Crisis (2006)
- Critical (2008)
- Foreign Body (2009)
- Intervention (2009)
- Cure (2010)
- Death Benefit (2012)
Critical reception for the series as a whole has been mixed to positive, with later novels receiving mixed reviews from critics. Sales for the series have been good, with several of the novels placing on the New York Times Bestseller lists.
In 1999 Cook announced that he was in talks with Jerry Bruckheimer to create a television series centered around the novels. No further information has been given about a potential series adaptation.
- "Paperback Best Sellers: February 28, 1988". NY Times. Retrieved 24 February 2013.
- "Review: Crisis". AudioFile. Retrieved 19 February 2013.
- "Avoiding excessive sensationalism". Mail & Guardian. Retrieved 24 February 2013.
- "Fiction review: Crisis". Publishers Weekly. Retrieved 19 February 2013.
- "Books: Situation's 'Critical' in medical thriller". Record Online. Retrieved 24 February 2013.
- Deegan, Carol (Aug 13, 2006). "Cook's Latest Thriller Isn't So Thrilling". Beaufort Gazette (AP). Retrieved 19 February 2013.
- "Cook is Smokin'". Reading Eagle. 1997-04-19. Retrieved 24 February 2013.
- "Inside Track; Cook pipes up for Hub fountain". Boston Herald. Mar 19, 1999. Retrieved 24 February 2013.