Chrysler World engine
Turbocharged 2.4L I4 Engine - in Dodge Caliber SRT-4
|Cylinder block alloy||Aluminum|
|Cylinder head alloy||Aluminum|
|Fuel system||Sequential multi-point fuel injection|
|Oil system||Wet sump|
|Predecessor||Chrysler 1.8, 2.0 & 2.4 engine|
Three engines have been produced: a 1.8 L, a 2.0 L, and a 2.4 L. With 1.8 L variant being used on vehicles sold outside of the United States. The initial design of the engine block and cylinder head was handled by Hyundai as part of the Global Engine Alliance. The engines feature an aluminum engine block with siamesed cast iron cylinder liners (that is cylinder liners that don't allow coolant to flow between adjacent liners). By using cylinder liners the engine's bore can be altered, therefore the displacement as well, just by adding a different set of cylinder liners. The engine also features an aluminum cylinder head with double overhead camshafts and variable valve timing.
The 1.8 L I-4 is a dual overhead cam (DOHC) inline 4-cylinder gasoline engine capable of 148 hp (110 kW) and 125 lbf·ft (169 N·m) of torque. The engine has displacement of 109.7 in3 (1,798 cc) with a bore of 3.38 in (86 mm) and a stroke of 3.05 in (77 mm). The compression ratio is 10.5:1.
The 1.8 L DOHC inline 4-cylinder engine served as the standard engine in the Dodge Caliber SE and SXT trim for the 2007–2009 model years.
- 2007–2009 Dodge Caliber SE and SXT, 148 hp (110 kW) 125 lb·ft (169 N·m) torque
The 2.0 L DOHC inline 4-cylinder gasoline engine capable of 158 hp (118 kW) and produces 141 lbf·ft (191 N·m) of torque. The engine has a displacement of 121.9 in3 (1,998 cc) with a bore of 3.38 in (86 mm) and a stroke of 3.38 in (86 mm). The compression ratio of the engine is 10.5:1. The 2.0 L engine is offered by Dodge in the Dodge Caliber. Outside North America, the 2.0 is the base engine for the 2007 Chrysler Sebring and 2008 Dodge Avenger.
- 2007-2012 Dodge Caliber SE and SXT, 158 hp (118 kW) and 141 lb·ft (191 N·m) torque
- 2007-present Jeep Patriot (4x2 models only)
- 2007-present Jeep Compass (4x2 models only)
- Dodge Avenger (outside North America)
- Chrysler Sebring (outside North America)
The 2.4 L, 173 hp (129 kW) engine is used by Dodge in the R/T trim line of the Caliber. The dual overhead cam (DOHC) inline four-cylinder engine has 2,360 cc (144 cu in) of displacement with a bore of 3.46 in (88 mm) and a stroke of 3.82 in (97 mm). A 285 hp (213 kW) turbocharged variant of this engine was used in the high-performance SRT-4 version of the Caliber.
- 2007–2010 Chrysler Sebring
- 2011–2014 Chrysler 200
- 2008–present Dodge Avenger
- 2007–2011 Dodge Caliber R/T, 173 hp (129 kW) and SRT-4, 285 hp (213 kW)
- 2009-present Dodge Journey
- 2007–present Jeep Compass
- 2007–present Jeep Patriot
The Tigershark engine family is the name for the next generation of World Gas Engines. The major differences compared to the first generation is the updated valvetrain and intakes.
The 2.0 L Tigershark DOHC inline 4-cylinder gasoline engine has dual-variable valve timing and produces 160 hp (120 kW) and 148 lbf·ft (201 N·m) of torque. Utilizes a bore and stroke of 88mm x 82mm and a 10.2:1 compression ratio.
|2013-present||Dodge Dart||160 hp (120 kW) @ 6400 rpm||148 lb·ft (201 N·m) @ 4600 rpm|
The 2.4 L Tigershark SOHC inline 4-cylinder gasoline engine uses MultiAir 2 variable valve timing and variable valve lift technology and produces 184 hp (137 kW) and 174 lbf·ft (236 N·m) of torque. Only Multi-Air heads feature electro-hydraulic variable valve timing and lift, although only on the intake side. The system is based on FIAT technology and is quite sophisticated and expensive for a low-end engine. Utilizes a bore and stroke of 88mm x 97mm and 10.0:1 compression ratio.
|2013-present||Dodge Dart||184 hp (137 kW) @ 6250 rpm||174 lb·ft (236 N·m) @ 4800 rpm|
|2014-present||Jeep Cherokee||184 hp (137 kW) @ 6250 rpm||171 lb·ft (232 N·m) @ 4600 rpm|
|2015-present||Chrysler 200||184 hp (137 kW) @ 6250 rpm||173 lb·ft (235 N·m) @ 4600 rpm|
|2015-present||Jeep Renegade||184 hp (137 kW) @ 6400 rpm||177 lb·ft (240 N·m) @ 4400 rpm|
- Hyundai Theta engine - Hyundai's GEMA built engines
- Mitsubishi 4B1 engine - Mitsubishi's GEMA built engines
- "Dodge - Specs & Upgrades:". Chrysler LLC. Retrieved 2008-04-17.
- "Chrysler Sebring Model". Chrysler LLC. Archived from the original on 2008-04-25. Retrieved 2008-04-17.
- "Jeep - Specs & Upgrades:". Chrysler LLC. Retrieved 2008-04-16.
- "2013 Dodge Dart Specs". Automobile Magazine. Retrieved 2012-11-01.
- Additional information on the World engine, Allpar.com