|This article does not cite any references or sources. (December 2009)|
Coordinates: Chunabhatti (Marathi: चुनाभट्टी) is a suburb of Mumbai. It is located on the Eastern Express Highway. It is served by Chunabhatti railway station on the Harbour Line of the Mumbai Suburban Railway.
Chunabhatti (Chuna - lime, bhatti - kiln) is home to the first cotton mill in Mumbai, Swadeshi Mills, which was registered in 1886 by Jamshedji Tata.
It is a prime location to live in. It surrounds the city's other areas such as Sion, Bandra, Wadala, Kurla, Chembur (AKP) and Ghatkopar.
Chunabhatti boasts of good quality technical training institutes that are certified by the Government of India. The premier institutes here are, namely,
1. ATI (Advanced Training Institute)
2. IDEMI (Institute for Design of Electrical Measuring Instruments)
3. Central Labour Institute
4. Manohar Phalke Polytechnic Mumbai
5. Padmabhushan Vasantdada Patil Pratishthan's College of Engineering
6. KJ Somaiya Medical College And Research Centre
|This Mumbai location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|