Church of Anthrax is a collaboration between John Cale and Terry Riley. The record was released in February 1971 by Cale's record company, Columbia Records, nearly a year after the material was recorded; in fact it was recorded prior to Cale's solo debut Vintage Violence.
All tracks by John Cale and Terry Riley, except "The Soul of Patrick Lee" by John Cale. "The Soul of Patrick Lee" is the only vocal track on the album. All others are instrumentals.
- "Church of Anthrax" (9:05)
- "The Hall of Mirrors in the Palace at Versailles" (7:59)
- "The Soul of Patrick Lee" (2:49)
- "Ides of March" (11:03)
- "The Protege" (2:52)
No singles were taken from the album.
- Cover design: John Berg and Richard Mantel
- Cover art: Kim Whitesides
- Cover photo: Don Huntstein