Church of St George, Ruishton
|Church of St George|
|Town or city||Ruishton|
Work started on the new church around 1533 and the roof above the nave was completed in 1549, although the tower was never completed. It was built on the site of an earlier Norman church and some features can still be seen at the south door. Another remnant from the earlier church is the font which was carved in about 1380. A gallery in the church was removed during Victorian restoration in 1866.
In the churchyard is the remains of a 15th-century cross.
- "Church of St George". Images of England. English Heritage. Retrieved 2008-10-17.
- "The history of St. George’s Church, Ruishton". Church of England. Retrieved 18 November 2012.
- "Ruishton". Ruishton parish web site. Retrieved 2009-04-24.
- "Ruishton St George". West Gallery Churches. Retrieved 18 November 2012.
- "Remains of churchyard cross in churchyard, about 7 m south of porch, Church of St George". Images of England. English Heritage. Retrieved 2009-02-05.
- "St George, Ruishton". Church of England. Retrieved 18 November 2012.