Church of St Michael, Clapton in Gordano
|Church of St Michael|
|Town or city||Clapton in Gordano|
The Church of St Michael in Clapton in Gordano, Somerset, England, dates from the 13th century and is designated by English Heritage as a Grade I listed building, and is a redundant church in the care of the Churches Conservation Trust. It was vested in the Trust on 1 June 1995.
St Michael’s closed in 1995 but due to its architectural interest was adopted by the Trust, however occasional services are still held throughout the year.
Inside are reredos and benches, a 14th-century font and a late 17th-century monument. The 13th-century oak screen in the church originally divided the Great Hall and the Buttery in the adjacent Court House.
- List of Grade I listed buildings in North Somerset
- List of towers in Somerset
- List of churches preserved by the Churches Conservation Trust in South West England
- English Heritage, "Church of St Michael, Clapton-in-Gordano (1129088)", National Heritage List for England, retrieved 9 July 2013
- St Michael's Church, Clapton-in-Gordano, Somerset, Churches Conservation Trust, retrieved 1 April 2011
- Diocese of Bath and Wells: All Schemes (PDF), Church Commissioners/Statistics, Church of England, 2011, p. 2, retrieved 1 April 2011
- "St Michaels Church, Clapton in Gordano". The United Benefice of East Clevedon. Retrieved 2009-04-05.