Churchill Island Marine National Park
|Churchill Island Marine National Park
|Nearest town or city||Rhyll|
|Established||16 November 2002|
|Area||6.7 km2 (2.6 sq mi)|
|Managing authorities||Parks Victoria|
|Website||Churchill Island Marine National Park|
|See also||Protected areas of Victoria|
The Churchill Island Marine National Park is a protected marine national park located in Western Port, Victoria, Australia. The 670-hectare (1,700-acre) marine park is located south of Rhyll, on the north-eastern shore of Phillip Island, in Western Port.
The marine park extends from Long Point south of the town of Rhyll, to the northern point of Churchill Island and along Churchill Island’s western coast to the bridge connecting it to Phillip Island and is part of the Western Port Ramsar site. It is an important roosting and feeding site for migratory waders, especially Whimbrels and Bar-tailed Godwits. Its seagrass habitats are also important for Black Swans and many species of fish.
- Yaringa Marine National Park, French Island Marine National Park and Churchill Island Marine National Park Management Plan. Parks Victoria (PDF) (Melbourne: Government of Victoria). October 2007. pp. 1, 5. ISBN 9780-7311-8372-2. Retrieved 27 August 2014.
- "Churchill Island Marine National Park". Parks Victoria. Government of Victoria. 2010. Retrieved 24 February 2011.
- "Western Port Marine National Parks: visitor guide". Parks Victoria (PDF). Government of Victoria. December 2003. Retrieved 24 February 2011.
- Plummer, A.; Morris, L.; Blake, S.; Ball, S. (September 2003). "Marine Natural Values Study: Victorian Marine National Parks and Sanctuaries". Parks Victoria Technical Series (PDF) (Number 1). Government of Victoria. Retrieved 4 February 2012.
- "Marine National Parks and Marine Sanctuaries Boundary Coordinates". Parks Victoria (PDF). Government of Victoria. July 2013.
- "Churchill Island Marine National Park: Marine Natural Values Study Summary". Parks Victoria and Deakin University (PDF). Government of Victoria.
|This article about a location in Victoria, Australia is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|