Chuvash State Opera and Ballet Theater
|Chuvash State Opera and Ballet Theatre|
|Address||1, Moscow prospect|
|Country||Chuvash Republic, Russia|
|Opened||May 22, 1960|
The Chuvash State Opera and Ballet Theater (Russian: Чувашский государственный театр оперы и балета, (Chuvash: Чăваш патшалăх оперăпа балет театрĕ) is an opera and ballet theater in Cheboksary, Chuvashia (Russia). Initially, it was known as the Chuvash Musical Theater, but in 1993, it was given its present name.
The theater opened in 1960 with the first opera being "Chuvash: Шывармань" ("Water Mill") by F. Vasilev. The founder and first director of the theater was Boris Markov. Since 1991, the theatre has held an annual International Opera Festival named after Maxim Mikhailov and, since 1997, there has been an annual International Ballet Festival.
The team was headed by Boris S. Markov and initially, the performances were played on the stage of Chuvash Music and Drama Theatre. In 1967, the opera theater presented "Narspi" by G. Hirbyu, the artists for this work having been awarded the State Prize ChASSR. It then presented the first ballet, "Giselle" by A. Adam. In 1969, the musical troupe was organized in the
Administration of the theater 
- Manager and Director is Maxim Zhuchin
- Arts admistraor and conductor is Olga Nesterova
- Ballet master is Danil Salimbaev
- Chorus master is Anatoly Fisher
Ballet group 
In recent years the company has grown professional artists from Yoshkar-Ola, St. Petersburg and other cities supplement company. The annual Russian and international tours introduce visitors in many cities and countries with the work of the Chuvash ballet.
Opera group 
The opera group of the Theatre Opera and Ballet is one of the best in the region. The singers' repertoire includes the most complex works as classics and contemporary authors. Many artists are winners of the Opera Company of national and international competitions, as well as special projects of the theater, are active concert schedule.
See also 
Sources, in Russian
- Заломнов, П. Д. "Марков Борис Семенович" // Заломнов, П. Д. Чувашский государственный театр оперы и балета и ведущие мастера его сцены / П. Д. Заломнов. – Чебоксары, 2002. – С. 25-26.
- Марков, А. С. "На театральных подмостках трагедии разыгрываются по-настоящему" / А. С. Марков // СЧ–Столица. – 2000. – 26 янв. – 1 февр. (№ 3). – С. 15.
- Алексеев, О. "Оперăпа балет театрне – Борис Марков ятне" / О. Алексеев // Хыпар. – 2001. – 16 çу.
- Канюкова, А. С., "Жизнь, отданная театру"/ А. С. Канюкова, А. С. Марков. – Чебоксары : Изд-во ЧГУ, 1999. – 134 с. : ил.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to: Chuvash State Ballet&Opera Theatre|