|This article needs additional citations for verification. (September 2009)|
Almost too good to be true.
|Founded||Plano, Texas (1985)|
|Key people||Darin Harris (CEO)|
|Products||Pizza, salad, pasta|
CiCi's Pizza is an American buffet restaurant chain based in Coppell, Texas, specializing in pizza. There are approximately 600 franchised and corporately owned restaurants in 35 states. A family-oriented concept, CiCi’s is known for its pizza, pasta, salad and dessert buffet featuring up to 20 varieties of pizza, all offered for about $5 per adult.
In 2001, with 380 restaurants at the time, the chain expanded its buffet offerings and began remodeling restaurants. Four years later, CiCi's had more than 500 locations, and was the fastest-growing pizzeria in the United States. In 2003 Croce retired from the business, and passed ownership of the company to the company's executive team. Craig Moore, who was a general manager in Dallas, became vice president of the company, a position he held for five years before he was named president after the sale. Croce gave 20% of his proceeds to Gateway Church, where he was a member. As president of the chain, Moore oversaw the company's operations and franchise growth, eventually announcing his retirement in 2009, after 17 years with the company.
Michael Shumsky took over after Moore retired in late 2009. (He had previously served as CEO of La Madeleine Restaurant, Inc.)
In addition to its current 600 restaurants, in 2010 CiCi's announced plans to add another 500 restaurants in the next 10 years. CiCi's has won numerous awards and has also been named one of the top 25 performing brands by The Wall Street Journal and a top 200 franchise concept by Franchise Today.
Recognition and awards
Since 2004 CiCi's Pizza has held third place in the pizza category for Restaurants & Institutions "Consumers' Choice in Chains" contest, which is judged based on consumer reviews of the competing restaurant chains. In March 2009 Men's Health included CiCi's Pizza in its list of America's Healthiest and best Restaurants.
The type of pizzas that CiCi's Pizza has (varies by location) are Alfredo, Bacon Cheddar, Baked Potato, BBQ, Beef, Buffalo Chicken, Cheese, Cheeseburger, Classic Chicken, Deep Dish Pepperoni, Garlic Breadsticks, Ham & Pineapple, Hog Fest, Italiano Pepperoni & Sausage, Italiano Veggie, Mac & Cheese, Ole, Pepperoni, Pepperoni & Beef, Pepperoni & Jalapeño, Pepperoni & Sausage, Philly Cheesesteak, Sausage, Spinach Alfredo, The Meltdown, Veggie, White, Zesty Ham & Cheddar, Zesty Pepperoni, and Zesty Veggie.
The type of pasta Cici's Pizza offers are cavatappi pasta served with either marinara sauce or Alfredo sauce.
Soup & Salad
The type of soup & salad Cici's Pizza offer are Chicken Noodle Soup, Italian Salad and Garden Salad.
The type of wings Cici's Pizza offer are Oven Baked Buffalo Wings covered in sauce.
The type of desserts that Cici's Pizza offer are Chocolate Brownies, Cinnamon Rolls, Apple Dessert Pizza, Bavarian Dessert Pizza.
- "Contact Us." CiCi's Pizza. Retrieved February 25, 2010.
- Voorhis, Dan (2002-07-06). "Fast Growing Dallas Pizza Chain to Open Store in Wichita, Kan.". The Wichita Eagle. Retrieved 2009-09-20.
- Quinn, Steve (2001-10-05). "Locally based pizza chain is pursuing growth Cici's launches a new look and expands its trademark buffet". Dallas News. Retrieved 2009-09-20.
- Shlachter, Barry (2005-07-05). "CiCi's budget buffets propel company to fastest-growing pizza chain.". Fort Worth Star-Telegram. Retrieved 2009-09-20.
- CiCi's Pizza founder insisted sale be an inside deal
- "Cici’s Pizza Chain Opens First Big Apple Location in the Bronx". CBS News New York. Retrieved July 16, 2012.
- Consumers' Choice in Chains Winners, 2004–2009
- CiCi's Pizza Scores Top Marks on Men's Health 'Eat This, Not That!' Report Card