|This article needs additional citations for verification. (September 2009)|
Almost too good to be true.
|Founded||Plano, Texas (1985)|
|Darin Harris (CEO)|
|Products||Pizza, salad, pasta, beverages, and soup|
CiCi's Pizza is an American buffet restaurant chain based in Coppell, Texas, specializing in pizza. There are approximately 500 franchised and corporately owned restaurants in 35 states. A family-oriented concept, CiCi’s is known for its pizza, pasta, salad, and dessert buffet featuring up to 20 varieties of pizza, all offered for about $5.55 per adult.
In 2001, with 363 restaurants at the time, the chain expanded its buffet offerings and began remodeling restaurants. Four years later, CiCi's had more than 500 locations, and was the fastest-growing pizza chain in the United States. In 2003 Croce retired from the business, and passed ownership of the company to the company's executive team. Craig Moore, who was a general manager in Dallas, became vice president of the company, a position he held for five years before he was named president after the sale. As president of the chain, Moore oversaw the company's operations and franchise growth, eventually announcing his retirement in 2009, after 17 years with the company. Michael Shumsky took over after Moore retired in late 2009 through July of 2013.
Darin Harris is the current CEO of CiCi's Pizza after joining the company in August of 2013.
CiCi's has won numerous awards and has also been named one of the top 25 performing brands by The Wall Street Journal and a top 200 franchise concept by Franchise Today. The award for worst restaurant ideas has also been awarded to the pizza chain.
Recognition and awards
From 2004 to 2009, CiCi's Pizza has held third place in the pizza category for Restaurants & Institutions ' "Consumers' Choice in Chains" contest, which is judged based on consumer reviews of the competing restaurant chains. In March 2009 Men's Health gave CiCi's Pizza "top marks" in providing healthy food choices among its list of "66 major chain restaurants".
The type of pizzas that CiCi's Pizza serves (varies by location) are Alfredo, Bacon Cheddar, Baked Potato, BBQ pork, Beef, Buffalo Chicken, Cheese, Classic Chicken, Deep Dish, Garlic Breadsticks, Ham & Pineapple, Flatbread Pepperoni & Sausage, Flatbread Veggie, Mac & Cheese, Ole, Pepperoni, Pepperoni & Beef, Pepperoni & Jalapeño, Pepperoni & Sausage, Sausage, Spinach Alfredo, Veggie, White, Zesty Ham & Cheddar, Zesty Pepperoni, and Zesty Veggie.
The type of pasta Cici's offers are cavatappi pasta served with either marinara or white pasta sauce.
Soup & Salad
The type of soup & salad Cici's offer are Chicken Noodle Soup & a fresh salad bar with a variety of toppings.
The type of wings Cici's offer are Oven Baked Buffalo Wings with a choice of dipping sauces.
The type of desserts that Cici's offer are Chocolate Brownies, Cinnamon Rolls, Apple Dessert Pizza, and Bavarian Dessert Pizza.
- "Contact Us." CiCi's Pizza. Retrieved February 25, 2010.
- Voorhis, Dan (2002-07-06). "Fast Growing Dallas Pizza Chain to Open Store in Wichita, Kan.". The Wichita Eagle. Retrieved 2009-09-20.
- Quinn, Steve (2001-10-05). "Locally based pizza chain is pursuing growth Cici's launches a new look and expands its trademark buffet". Dallas News. Retrieved 2009-09-20.
- Shlachter, Barry (2005-07-05). "CiCi's budget buffets propel company to fastest-growing pizza chain.". Fort Worth Star-Telegram. Retrieved 2009-09-20.
- "Consumers' Choice in Chains Winners, 2004–2009". Restaurants & Institutions. Reed Business Information, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. 2009. Archived from the original on 8 December 2009.
- "CiCi's Pizza Scores Top Marks on Men's Health 'Eat This, Not That!' Report Card" (Press release). Coppell, Texas. PRNewswire. 26 March 2009. Archived from the original on 3 May 2009. Retrieved 7 April 2015.