Cicinho playing for Sivasspor in 2013
|Full name||Cícero João de Cézare|
|Date of birth||24 June 1980|
|Place of birth||Pradópolis, Brazil|
|Height||1.72 m (5 ft 7 1⁄2 in)|
|Playing position||Right back|
|2001||→ Botafogo (loan)||9||(2)|
|2010||→ São Paulo (loan)||6||(0)|
|2011||→ Villarreal (loan)||6||(0)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 18:44, 28 January 2014 (UTC).
† Appearances (Goals).
Cícero João de Cézare, nicknamed Cicinho, (Portuguese pronunciation: [siˈsĩɲu]; (born 24 June 1980) in Pradópolis, São Paulo, Brazil), is a Brazilian footballer, currently playing for Turkey's Super Lig club Sivasspor.
He married longtime girlfriend, Reem Borriello in Rome; the two have one son, Heitor. However they split and he married two more times, the last one in 2012 to Marry de Andrade in Brazil.
In the 2006–07 season, Cicinho suffered an extensive injury to his ACL and missed over six months. His comeback, to not only the pitch, but also the starting lineup, was marked on Sunday, 29 April 2007, against Athletic Bilbao. He assisted Ruud van Nistelrooy's first goal with a cross, and played a part in van Nistelrooy's second goal as well. Real Madrid went on to win the game 4–1.
In the 2007–08 pre-season, the full back received less playing time at Real Madrid under new coach Bernd Schuster. Michel Salgado and Sergio Ramos were used on the right during most of Real's pre-season, and Cicinho therefore requested a transfer to A.S. Roma who had been following him for some time.
On 22 August 2007, Cicinho signed for Roma for a fee up to €11 million. Cicinho signed a five-year contract with the capital club worth from €3.6M in the first year up to €4 million in the last year (in gross salary, i.e. include tax), with additional bonuses.
On 9 February 2010, Cicinho joined São Paulo on loan until on 30 June 2010. This loan came after a 2009–10 season in which Cicinho received less playing time under new manager Claudio Ranieri in favor of Marco Cassetti and Marco Motta.
In 2011-12 season Cicinho returned to Roma. He was the third choice for right back behind Marco Cassetti and Aleandro Rosi. He played only 2 matches in a 2011-12 season, first against Siena and second against Fiorentina in which he was a starter. His contract expired on 30 June, and he returned to Brazil.
After playing for Villarreal CF and Sport Recife of Brazil, Cicinho, in July 2013, signed with Sivasspor of Turkey, by coach Roberto Carlos, who claimed his signing for club. After one year, Cicinho has became a key player, and, in April 2014, he renewed his contract with club of Sivas for more two years.
- São Paulo
- Real Madrid
- "Cicinho tears right knee ligament". CNN. 24 September 2006. Retrieved 13 January 2011.
- "Report: Athletic Bilbao 1–4 Real Madrid". ESPN Soccernet. 29 April 2007. Retrieved 13 January 2011.
- "Cicinho set for Real exit". Sky Sports. Retrieved 13 January 2011.
- "ACQUISIZIONE DEL DIRITTO ALLE PRESTAZIONI SPORTIVE DEL CALCIATORE DE CESARE CICERO JOAO". AS Roma (in Italian). 22 August 2007. Retrieved 12 January 2012.
- AS Roma signs Cicinho from Real Madrid
- Cicinho, traspasado al AS Roma
- "Report: Palermo 0–2 Roma". ESPN Soccernet. 26 August 2007. Retrieved 13 January 2011.
- Roma defender joins São Paulo
- "Cicinho jugará cedido en el Villarreal CF" [Cicinho will play on loan at Villarreal CF]. Villarreal CF (in Italian). 13 January 2011. Retrieved 13 January 2011.
- Cicinho acerta com Sivasspor, time de Roberto Carlos, na Turquia
- Cicinho renova contrato com time de Roberto Carlos